Location: Bethesda, MD
Employment Type: Full-Time
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
_ Our values on the Product Design team:_
• We support each other’s success. We take it as both an individual and a team responsibility to foster an environment of support and learning. We are resources to each other; we share knowledge regularly, share feedback freely, and coach each other as peers. We support each other through challenging situations, pick each other up when we make mistakes, and celebrate our wins together.
• We take the time to understand and listen to each other. We create space for people to offer different (and sometimes differing) perspectives, and incorporate that into our decision-making. We look to highlight our individual strengths and find ways to incorporate them into our design practice.
• We operate with autonomy. Designers have the flexibility to approach their work using the techniques and methods appropriate to the problem at hand. At the same time, designers can rely on the systems and guidelines that we’ve developed to feel more confident that their decisions fit within our design direction.
• We are collaborative. We gather perspectives from our customers, our stakeholders, and our colleagues to help make informed decisions about the future of our experience. We have a seat at the table, and we use it to facilitate richer discussions about our customer’s needs.
• Be the design leader for our Marketplace Services team
- Work closely with Product and Engineering leadership to develop product strategies for our flagship experience.
- Engage with stakeholders regularly about the needs of the business and our customers.
- Conduct user research on our customers and suppliers, and become a subject matter expert in their needs, motivations, and pain points.
- Provide strategic context to other designers.
• Coach and develop other designers
- Provide feedback on their work while maintaining an environment where they are empowered to make decisions.
- Coach designers to regularly improve their critical thinking, provide new methods and techniques they can apply to their work, and improve their communication and facilitation skills.
• Improve the way we work
- Become a regular contributor of our design playbook, developing new practices and guidelines that help us solve problems more effectively.
- Cultivate a positive and productive work environment on the team.
- Be a steward of our team culture.
• Design great experiences
- Work with a cross-functional team in an agile environment to solve customer problems.
- Create flows, wireframes, and prototypes to visualize improvements to our experience.
- Test solutions with real users with both qualitative and quantitative methods.
_ You would be a good fit for this role if:_
- You have experience managing designers or leading complex design initiatives.
- You are comfortable juggling multiple different responsibilities and initiatives.
- You have experience working in agile environments with other designers, developers, and product managers.
- You have experience working and managing people in a remote-friendly environment.
- You are a strong communicator with excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Your management philosophy aligns with our shared culture and values.
- You lead through influence, not through authority.
- You are an active listener and know how to create environments where more perspectives can be heard.
- You build strong relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.