Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: Injection Molding
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by
connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them
to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical
resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for
buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
The Injection Molding, Project Engineer will play a key role in the Partner
Service, Quality & Sourcing organizations by increasing assurances that all
Xometry suppliers meet and maintain Total Quality, including delivery, part
quality, adherence to standards and data integrity. Specifically, the
individual in this position will be responsible for problem-solving and
improving Supplier and Relationships and Quality Performance; and keeping jobs
on time. This role also plays a key role in Customer Service, by assuring case
management and follow up on troubled orders.
- Kick-off and support the successful fulfillment of customer contractual requirements related to delivery and quality from supplier delivered products and services.
- Work continually with suppliers to improve performance.
- Understand supplier capabilities and execute supplier oversight activities, which may include phone assessments, surveys, quality reviews, and supplier corrective action reconciliation.
- Assess internal and external part rejections; communicate with suppliers and customers to work through problems and resolve cases.
- Work with the Quality department to improve Supplier Quality measurements, processes, and performance.
- Effectively communicate and interface with all key stakeholders, to include suppliers, customers, program management, engineering, quality management, and procurement.
- Provide excellent customer service by keeping customers updated on the resolution of troubled orders.
- Monitor the integrity of supplier quality metrics.
- Document all Supplier Quality activity in central database.
- Participate & support department-wide initiatives to simplify and automate complex processes.
- Support Supplier Quality Analyst with Engineering-specific knowledge and advice.
- Other daily and back-up duties as assigned.
- Performs all work in compliance with Xometry's quality and safety systems, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of related experience, injection molding experience is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Technical or related field preferred
- Masters Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Technical or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of Toyota Production System, Lean, Six-Sigma and other problem-solving tools.
- Capable of performing root cause analysis and identifying solutions to complex problems.
- Lean Six Sigma training and or certification preferred.
- Exhibit to be a self-starter, work independently and drive actions to completion.
- Experience auditing supplier quality management systems for a diverse variety of components.
- Working knowledge of and/or education, skills, and experience associated with manufacturing processes, engineering drawings requirements mechanical and electrical inspection methods.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and to support all supplier quality field activities.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) + ability to manage up and to the side.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit -
share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will
provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that
you are authorized to work in the U.S.