Havenly at Home Interior Designer
At Havenly, we believe in making space for better living. From gathering home
inspiration, to working with a designer, to shopping curated home products, we
collaborate with clients across the country to design spaces they love coming
home to. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, CO, we are a fun,
convenient, and affordable solution for designing your home.
Havenly at Home (HAH) is Havenly’s in-person design service. We work with
clients in Chicago and surrounding areas to provide them with modern, custom,
in-person design services. We’re launching in Chicago in May and are
currently seeking experienced Interior Designers who are looking to grow their
businesses, work with clients both virtually and in-person, and join the
Havenly at Home team.
As a Havenly Designer you have the opportunity to expand your business, and
your portfolio, without having to worry about when the next client is coming
in or any of the standard admin tasks of running your own business. You’ll get
access to our technology, our support services (scheduling, ordering,
invoicing, vendor mgmt), and can solely focus on providing a great experience
to your clients and create designs that exceed their needs and create homes
that they love.
_This is a freelance Interior Designer position, working locally in Chicago
and surrounding areas. _
What You’ll Do:
- Work with clients to provide them with both virtual and in-person Interior Design services, on behalf of Havenly and in compliance with our project SLA.
- Own your clients projects from start to finish, ensuring the outcome exceeds their expectations.
- Maintain your Havenly client book of business, fostering relationships with all clients, ensuring repeat and referral business.
- Stay on the pulse of design trends and the latest style to share with your clients and elevate their experience.
- Be reliable and dependable, communicate frequently, and provide feedback to help us continue to improve and innovate on the Havenly at Home service.
- A degree in Interior Design from an accredited program or university is preferred.
- 3+ years of working as an interior designer and with your own clients in-person and/or virtually.
- The ability to communicate professionally and present in a confident, articulate, and compelling manner both verbally and in writing.
- Tech-savvy - Designers must be comfortable using online technologies to create concept boards, 3D renderings, floorplans, presentations and communications. In addition, must be comfortable learning and adapting new technologies quickly.
- Possess a high degree of passion, drive and knowledge to achieve the best possible creative results.
- A high level of product knowledge across many vendors, categories, and price points, to quickly be able to source furnishing and decor that are the best match for your client.
- Access to reliable transportation to and from client meetings, a computer with video conferencing capabilities, and current photoshop license.
- This is a freelance contract role for Interior Designers who are headquartered in Chicago and surrounding areas.
- You must have a personal computer with up-to-date macOS Big Sur or Windows versions 10 or 11.
- Compensation includes a combination of pay per project + commission.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses to and from client sites.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement : In accordance with Havenly’s policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, our clients, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all Havenly at Home Designers. Accordingly, any contract offer is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated designers submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts
right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage
everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the
journey of each of our team members, as a company we take pride in and commit
to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and have equal
opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to
cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all
backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.