Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed fundraising platform that helps raise funds and
awareness for charity by offering anyone the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime
experiences and prizes. Omaze democratizes the charitable giving experience
and offers curated prizes that no other platform can match.
Omaze was founded in 2012 to disrupt the fundraising space and bring additive
dollars to charities that are too often limited by outdated methods like
expensive and time-intensive annual galas. Nearly a decade later, Omaze has
raised over $150M net to support over 400 charities, and has set sights on
raising $1B in a single year. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we successfully
launched in the UK in 2019 and are excited to continue our growth and
expansion in this market offering dream homes.
In the UK, Omaze has given away a number of dream homes all across the UK,
netting over £3,000,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust, British Heart Foundation,
The Prince’s Trust, Cancer Research UK and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Whether you are the grand prize winner or not, every donation supports a
worthy, vetted cause like these.
Why You’ll Love Working at Omaze:
- _Big Impact _- You will be a part of a one-of-a-kind passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the world.
- _Growth _- Omaze is currently one of the fastest growing companies in the world and on a path to be the world’s first social impact IPO. If you’re excited about a high-growth, fast-paced environment, or about scaling something that’s never been done before, we’d love to talk to you.
- Unique Culture - We live by our virtues. We believe in growing together, spreading joy and dreaming giant.
- Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2020, #1 in the Social Good Category. Check it out!
Who We’re Seeking:
Omaze is looking for an experienced user experience and interface design
professional to help us create the future of charitable giving. We are heavily
investing in our technology platform and redefining the next-generation of our
customer experience to grow our community of donors and dreamers.
You are someone who cares about quality and craft, but also has an intrinsic
motivation to deliver value to the customer and knows how to balance both. You
are able to collaborate with both technical and non technical audiences, and
always strive to improve yourself and those around you.
You value diverse perspectives and foster an inclusive space where everyone
feels safe voicing their opinion.
What You’ll Do:
In your first month, you’ll…
- Evaluate existing customer research and identify any additional questions you’d like to answer
- Meet with various business and technical leaders to build a foundational knowledge of our business model and platform
- Spend time on our website and in our existing documentation to understand the core flows and templates and where there's friction
- Onboard onto the design system and understand it’s patterns, usage and how to contribute to it.
- Support the successful release of a new frontend and CMS to our customers – onboarding onto the tool and identify areas of improvement with our internal users
_In your first six months, you’ll… _
- Work with the larger design and product teams to develop towards platform engagement strategies and features.
- Provide constructive design feedback to our vendor partners and internal teams to ensure quality, design standards and best practices are maintained.
- Find ways to push the visual design of the product forward while honoring our brand identity. Maintaining and evolving style guides as required
- Charter the first UK development pod (team/working group) with your product management and engineering partners; Establish a shared mission, vision, measures of success and backlog of work
- Work with our Marketing agency partners to establish templates, guidelines and best practices for content and marketing assets throughout the customer lifecycle (site, emails, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to test and learn against some key themes like conversion optimization and customer retention. Design tests and features and work with your pod to implement them.
**Our Ideal Candidate: **
- You have strong samples of mobile interfaces, using modern design and prototyping tools. (We use Figma.)
- Proven track record of designing interactive digital products and the services that support them (there’s no magic number, but about 3+ years of professional experience in User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI) or Product Design)
- Experience working directly with engineers to effectively communicate design requirements from concept to launch
- Experience defining and maintaining documentation of UX and UI standards and usage (style guides and component-based design systems)
- Strong communication skills and can articulate the “why” behind your design recommendations.
- A portfolio demonstrating your decision-making process and a strong sense of hierarchy, typography, color, and systems-thinking.
Don’t quite meet all the above requirements? Apply anyway! We love talking
to exceptional candidates. If the current role isn’t a fit, we’ll keep your
information on file for the future.
What to Expect: **
- Competitive salary and benefits including attractive equity package.
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first and are currently working from home with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), and more.
- We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome difference of background, identity, and perspective and work hard to ensure that all people can bring their authentic self to work at all times.