Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind
technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo
Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home,
represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the
dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for
providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized
across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime,
anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand
dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels,
with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics
platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
**Position Overview **
The Manager of Instructional Design reports to the Director, Education and
Training and is responsible for managing all instructional projects across all
customers, commercial learning, and service. Drive scalable training
solutions that balance the needs of the business and the learner. Leverage
data to identify opportunities to drive greater competency and scalability.
Manage training resources and projects to align with the needs of the
business. Build, grow and develop the instructional design team.
Essential Job Responsibilities
** Cross Functional Collaboration**
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify needs and drive evolution of training content/channels to align with the needs of the business
- Establish feedback loop with patients, nurses and physicians to identify needs and drive evolution of training content/channels to match the needs of the learner and the business
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to represent the needs of instructional design
- Influence business process development to capture instructional design needs
** Team & Project Management**
- Hire and onboard new instructional designers
- Ensure all instructional designers maintain a high level of product, clinical and technical knowledge required to develop training
- Coach and develop instructional design team
- Intake, manage and assign training projects to align with resources and organizational strategy
** Instructional Design**
- Establish instructional processes to ensure learning objectives, pathway strategies, operating procedures, and product release workflows are established and documented
- Develop instructional materials as necessary to support the needs of the business
- Research, recommend and implement instructional technologies that help scale the business and reduce the learning curve
** Training Efficacy**
- Ensure all training and programs are evaluated using a standard evaluation strategy through knowledge, competency, and business impact.
- Measure and report on effectiveness of all training programs
- Leverage data to determine training opportunities and recommend solutions
- Present health and performance of instructional design department through the Education and Training Review Board
- B.A./B.S. Degree required
- MS Instructional Design or Instructional Technologies strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of people management experience required
- At least 7 years of instructional design experience in sales training and/or field service training
- Must have strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- A self-starter who can lead initiatives, prioritize projects and tasks for the team, work with a variety of personalities, and is comfortable designing projects and multi-tasking.
- MS Office
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Articulate Storyline
- Instructional Technologies, including Learning Management