Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind
technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo
Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home,
represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the
dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for
providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized
across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime,
anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand
dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels,
with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics
platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
As the Patient Experience Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the
Tablo home patient journey and patient activity across Outset functional
partners. This role will enable a personalized and seamless end-to-end
customer experience that adds value for customers, clinical teams, patients,
and families. Using predictable and scalable service models that empower
customers, you will drive all activity related to patient account management
and leverage corporate resources to aid in positive patient outcomes. You will
serve as the primary corporate advocate for our patients, as part of the
Commercial/Sales team, you will partner closely with the Service/Support teams
to drive adoption, expansion, patient compliance, retention, and ensure Outset
is easy to do business with on behalf of customers and patients alike.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Own and cross-functionally drive activity throughout the patient journey into the home setting and ongoing. Collaborate cross-functionally to manage the patient journey from identification to treatment in the home.
- Nurture and manage customer relationships to influence positive patient outcomes and experience.
- Possess a deep understanding of the dialysis industry, specifically home therapy modalities.
- Develop a deep understanding of Outset products and features to support patient outcomes.
- Drive multiple workstreams to best operationalize the patient pathway to accelerate the timeline to training and treatment on Tablo in the home environment.
- On behalf of the patient, become the Outset expert on remote patient monitoring, to best identify, analyze, communicate, and drive key clinical performance and patient experience metrics for home dialysis on Tablo.
- Serve as the patient advocate to help resolve customer issues and escalations.
- Perform solution-focused support by identifying process improvement, business development opportunities, and implement best practices solutions to drive a better overall patient experience.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external project teams and management to understand patient needs, identify risks and solutions and drive adoption.
- Drive customer/patient adoption and retention by articulating the value-add provided by Outset’s service models/organization/product and how it applies to customer healthcare models.
- Utilize successful change management practices and creative solutions to support customer and patient journey to drive adoption, treatment compliance and home dialysis retention.
- Collaborate with clinical and technical partners to influence and enhance best practice guidelines for patients treating on Tablo in the home.
- Collect and provide patient feedback and suggested enhancements to the Product Development Team.
- Manage and track customer/patient satisfaction scores (CSAT), Customer Effort (CE), and Customer Health Score
- 5+ years’ experience in a healthcare/medical technology/clinical operations role
- Ability to effectively project manage multiple activities with a proven record in retaining and growing client relationships; Medical Device, dialysis, or healthcare background strongly preferred
- Proven track record in working cross-functionally and influencing change with minimal disruption to the business and the customer/patient
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict, foster honest dialogue and drive decision making in alignment with the healthcare industry
- Experience in client/patient relationship management ensuring expectations and deliverables are documented and met, key stakeholders are informed, and client satisfaction is achieved
- Self-driven, results-oriented work ethic with strong optimistic character
- Strong technical/analytical and computer skills with deep understanding of Microsoft suite of Office applications, Tableau
- Good understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Project management software e.g., Salesforce.com, experience a plus
- Looking for a team player with ability to remain flexible in approach and operate within a fast pace, ambiguous, and ever-changing environment
- Effectively manage the needs of our customer/patient while balancing the needs of the business
- BA/BS + Master's degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Travel requirements 10-15%