Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind
technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo
Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home,
represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the
dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for
providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized
across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime,
anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand
dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels,
with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics
platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
Job Title: Senior Director, Sales Operations
Department: Business Integration & Intelligence – 430 ****
Reports To: Business Integration & Intelligence Management
Position Location: San Jose - HQ
Classification: Regular, Full-time, Exempt
Updated on: January 2021
The Senior Director Sales Operations (SDSOPs) directs the firm’s support
investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to
sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and
management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program
implementation, sales compensation design and administration as well as
territory management. The SDSOPs is responsible for the driving productivity
and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the Vice President,
Business Integration & Intelligence, the SDSOPs fosters close working
relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales
organization’s efficient operation and success. The SDSOPs may manage one or
more Sales Operations Managers.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and manage actionable, measurable projects to accelerate sales growth and operations on a global scale.
- Drive operating metrics, organizational design, quota, and compensation planning, forecasting as well as revenue modeling and the daily execution of the sales operating plan.
- Direct efforts related to commission management including setting of annual goals, managing monthly commission payouts & accruals and performing associated territory management analysis.
- Manage deal desk and contract management processes to ensure profitability of deals as well as timelines of contract completion.
- Work with sales leadership to develop monthly and quarterly presentations on sales operations for various parties, such as senior leadership and board of directors.
- Work with predictive models/tools to identify, design, implement, and continuously improve sales forecasting and planning processes.
- Project manage systems implementations as related to such areas as commission and contract management.
- Drive further usage of CRM solution via identifying opportunity areas, developing business requirements, developing rollout through projecting managing cross-functional teams.
- Drive data-based decisions to drive continued revenue growth and profitability and collaborate with the broader organization on pricing strategy
- Oversee development and implementation of reports, key performance metrics, and dashboards. This includes generating weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and marketing performance reports such as opportunity reports, sales forecasts, and quarterly business reports.
- Driving key analysis to help design sales territories, optimize the sales coverage model, and improve various sales processes, practices, and procedures.
- Partner with sales leaders and regional sales directors to prepare and present business operational reviews with sales management and executives.
- Enhance and manage the reporting environment within Salesforce.com. This includes working closely with Sales Management to gather reporting requirement and helping to improve data quality, enhance customer and prospect information with external, and build and manage the data dictionary
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 12 years in a Sales Operations / Business Planning
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- Solid understanding of CRM systems and analytics around sales pipeline modeling. Familiarity with salesforce.com.
- Managing in disruptive environments and influencing behavior change
- Proven track record of success in providing strategic guidance and operational oversight in Sales Operations within a Medical Device Sales environment.
- Proven experience integrating SaaS tools to streamline and automate the sales process, integrating data science and analytics into every function within Sales to ensure greater predictability and productivity.
- Experience developing and managing sales compensation plans.
- A proven ability to develop tactical initiatives that improve sales productivity and performance. Background of introducing performance metrics and improvement programs.
- Ability to communicate the business value and/or ROI of installed and proposed products and solutions, strong financial selling skills.
- Strong communication skills, including establishing credibility and trust with customers and building influential relationships with partners in the business, including Finance, Legal, Sales Ops, HR, Indirect Sales, Support Services, Product Marketing, and Professional Services.
- Understanding of both business and people, including their drivers and success factors.
- Ability to understand and present Outset Medical’s Corporate Vision, Strategy, and Organization.
- Highly entrepreneurial and able to operate independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to utilize combined industry benchmarking information with a strong analytical capability to identify market trends and test alternative approaches to the market that yield superior performance.
- Able to research, develop and execute sales tools and strategies in the field.