Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind
technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo
Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home,
represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the
dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for
providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized
across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime,
anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand
dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels,
with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics
platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
As a Senior Manager, Commodity Management you will use your wide industry
knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of
ownership for our growing infrastructure. You will manage a team of commodity
specialists, as well as be responsible for supplier development, risk
mitigation and ongoing performance management.. You'll execute Outset's
Risk mitigation: Your team is responsible for proactively evaluating risk
through the supply base, assessing multitier embedded risk through surveys,
calls, technology, and development.
Cost avoidance: You and your team will develop negotiations to effectively
avoid any cost increase that is imposed to outset. Further, proactively
avoiding such increases in collaboration with the category managers is a key
deliverable of this role.
Supplier relationship management: You are responsible for creating, developing
and maintaining effective and engaging ABRs, QBRs, tech forums, and other
supplier events to promote supplier led innovation. You facilitate leveraging
supplier technology and resources for Outset’s continuous improvement.
Escalations: When the supplier is not performing, the team comes to you. You
own supplier relationships and with your team, provide a reliable point of
escalation to improve deliveries, cost, or general performance, by: working
with your incumbent supply base to strategize ways to meet outset’s needs.
Your focus is on Assurance of Supply and cost stability.
Capacity and capability analysis, execution, and effective communication with
the cross functional teams, are key to your success.
You will perform sourcing activities to challenge and improve the supply base.
You will be a key part of an end-to-end supply chain team that drives
continuous improvement and ensures operational excellence in support of
Outset’s rapid growth.
You will be a member of our Supply Chain Organization supporting the
development, implementation and management of strategies to provide Outset
with optimal supply assurance to meet growth, pricing, flexibility, quality,
delivery performance, total costs of ownership to achieve maximum advantage
for Outset and our customers.
Outset is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and
adaptability are key attributes needed for success. The successful candidate
will be a highly motivated self-starter with expert overall Sourcing
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Be the point of contact for all escalations with suppliers and relationship management.
- Manage and mentor a team of commodity specialists
- Optimize global supply chain performance through cost and capacity analysis, and benchmarking
- Develop an in-depth understanding of value-added manufacturing processes and costs, reverse logistics, and market intelligence, and apply this knowledge to influence Outset’s future product roadmap and sourcing decisions
- Issue RFX for sourcing assigned commodities, and review, analyze and clarify quotation / proposal from suppliers. Provide right recommendation based on sourcing process for approval, and finalize/release contract/PO
- Drive price negotiations processes to ensure that Outset commodity pricing are best in class; Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations
- Evaluate supplier business proposals and present recommendations that will result in cost savings, avoidance or containment
- Identify supplier consolidation opportunities that will generate savings from executing strategic sourcing projects
- Drive cost transparency and build Total Cost of Ownership models to support sourcing decisions
- Lead and be a key contact for various supplier selection processes to meet the growth and cost objectives and collaboration activities in early product transfer phase. Identify & achieve saving according to benchmark study, VA/VE, competitive bidding, or resourcing etc.
- Effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing; Understand the trade-offs between cost, volume, and quality in order to strike agreements that meet Outset’s performance criteria and secure long-term supply continuity
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business. Manage global supply chain disruptions in real time with the support of a cross functional team; Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities
- Maintain supplier relationship by effective communication, track supplier KPI and drive supplier to improve, and lead commercial issue resolutions
- BA/BS Degree preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years of strategic commodity management experience for custom and/or machined parts
- Prefer 10 years of progressive experience in Commodity Management and Sourcing in a manufacturing or R&D environment
- Strong people management skills are essential; minimum of 5 years people management experience is preferred
- Strategic sourcing, NPI, cost analyses, and contract negotiations (purchasing / service agreements) skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing process like molding, stamping, castings, machining, and fabrications is preferred
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills, proficiency in using MS Excel / PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
- Has a preference for creating processes, process improvement
- Proficient in continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, six sigma methods
- Strive for innovative manufacturing technologies and processes
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
- Certification on APICS or CPM or CPSM is a plus
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in a start-up environment strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- This role is "flexible remote
- Must have an active LinkedIn profile