Pachyderm is the leader in data versioning and pipelines for MLOps. We’re
building the data foundation that allows data science teams to automate and
scale their machine learning lifecycle while guaranteeing reproducibility.
With over $40 million in three rounds of funding from leading investors like
Benchmark, Microsoft M12, and Y Combinator, Pachyderm is committed to building
industrial strength capabilities for Data Centric AI. Pachyderm offers a
commercial Enterprise Edition and an open source Community Edition. Pachyderm
helps customers get their ML and AI projects to market faster, lower data
processing and storage costs, and supports strict data governance
Pachyderm is growing fast and still small, so joining means you are getting in
right at the ground floor and that you will have an enormous impact on the
success and direction of the company and product. Pachyderm has always and
will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows
us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!)
while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere. Being a
member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you,
values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
Pachyderm is looking for a Developer Relations Manager (see also Sr.
to be the face of Pachyderm to our community and users. You’ll work across
marketing, content, evangelism, and product teams to write new content and
engage with users and prospects online. You’ll establish strong relationships
with data scientists and ML Engineers around the world in a scalable way, by
crafting great resources to help them build with Pachyderm, including open
source demos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, blog posts, and demo
hours. You’ll foster developer communities, championing their interests and
translating their feedback into actionable product insights.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Create content to educate, inspire, and equip technical audiences with tools and techniques that make them better at their craft.
- Collaborate with different teams, guest authors, customers and content partners, to come up with topic ideas.
- Work with the community team to develop and engage the Pachyderm Slack community, listening to feedback and rewarding community members for their participation.
- Engage with external contributors and communities on topics related to Pachyderm.
- Organize community and evangelism events.
- Communicate user requirements and provide input to product management on feature enhancements and future product direction.
- 2+ years of technical writing experience.
- Basic knowledge of Python or other programming languages.
- Proficient in producing DevRel content (blogs, dev demos, youtube tutorials).
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, with extensive experience in public speaking and/or technical writing.
- Maintains a strong and credible presence in online platforms or social media channels relevant to developers, developer tools, data scientists, ML/AI Engineers, and other technical professionals.
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven. You thrive at solving open-ended problems, social engineering, engaging individuals on their interested and teaching/expressing your own
- Ability to rapidly come to consensus with colleagues. Strong opinions, loosely held. No ego Amigo!
- You are comfortable and skilled at communicating to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes from meetings with the CEO, to customer meetings, external events and all hands meetings.
- Experience in Data Science, AI/ML, Kubernetes, Docker, or other open source software is a strong plus.
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, dental and vision for employees, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!