Pachyderm is the leader in data versioning and pipelines for MLOps. We’re
building the data foundation that allows data science teams to automate and
scale their machine learning lifecycle while guaranteeing reproducibility.
With over $40 million in three rounds of funding from leading investors like
Benchmark, Microsoft M12, and Y Combinator, Pachyderm is committed to building
industrial strength capabilities for Data Centric AI. Pachyderm offers a
commercial Enterprise Edition and an open source Community Edition. Pachyderm
helps customers get their ML and AI projects to market faster, lower data
processing and storage costs, and supports strict data governance
Pachyderm is growing fast and still small, so joining means you are getting in
right at the ground floor and that you will have an enormous impact on the
success and direction of the company and product. Pachyderm has always and
will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows
us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!)
while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere. Being a
member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you,
values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
Love Docker, Python, Golang, and distributed systems?
Pachyderm is hiring a DevOps expert
to be a senior member of our team to help improve infrastructure, deployment,
and testing processes. Pachyderm has a rapidly-growing engineering team and
we're long overdue for some major improvements to our internal infra and
While your primary focus will be building and maintaining various internal
systems for the hosted platform, you'll also have the opportunity to
contribute to the core product and work directly with users/customers who have
complex deployment environments. At Pachyderm, OSS user and customer feedback
is a major driver of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within
the company should experience that first-hand.
Pachyderm is just a small team right now, so you'd be getting in right at the
ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the
company and product.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop our internal Go backend for the hosted platform
- Manage and maintain internal Kubernetes clusters and hosted Pachyderm clusters
- Optimize Pachyderm's CI to improve our development workflow and increase developer velocity.
- Develop Pachyderm's internal testing/benchmarking framework (probably in Go) to perform large-scale benchmarks on a regular cadence.
- Improve, test, script, and document the multitude of deployment options for Pachyderm's core product including all cloud providers and various permutations of on-prem k8s and object stores.
- Build standard monitoring, logging, and deployment (e.g. Helm chart) packages so that Pachyderm users can get up and running faster
- Work closely with our front-end, backend, and systems team to improve hosted cluster stability and uptime.
- Golang or other programming experience is required. While much of the job is automation and scripting, our testing frameworks, product backend, and internal automation work (e.g. k8s operators/CRDs) are all written in Go.
- 4+ years of experience building, maintaining, and automating distributed systems, data infrastructure, back-end systems, or related infrastructure.
- Experience working in a continuous integration / continuous delivery development environment
- Expertise running and managing Kubernetes and Docker in one or more cloud providers, preferably as part of a large-scale, enterprise-class product related to storage, processing, networking, and/or virtualization
- Expertise running and managing build, test, and release processes for 10+ person engineering orgs
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts. Our interview process strongly tests for communication as we have a very collaborative work environment where many parts of the codebase interact in complex ways
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, dental and vision for employees, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!