Pachyderm is the leader in data versioning and pipelines for MLOps. We’re
building the data foundation that allows data science teams to automate and
scale their machine learning lifecycle while guaranteeing reproducibility.
With over $40 million in three rounds of funding from leading investors like
Benchmark, Microsoft M12, and Y Combinator, Pachyderm is committed to building
industrial strength capabilities for Data Centric AI. Pachyderm offers a
commercial Enterprise Edition and an open source Community Edition. Pachyderm
helps customers get their ML and AI projects to market faster, lower data
processing and storage costs, and supports strict data governance
Pachyderm is growing fast and still small, so joining means you are getting in
right at the ground floor and that you will have an enormous impact on the
success and direction of the company and product. Pachyderm has always and
will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows
us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!)
while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere. Being a
member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you,
values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
As part of the engineering leadership team at Pachyderm, you will drive the
charter for the Console and other UI surfaces for the Pachyderm platform. You
will have an outsized impact on the team, product, and the company, guiding
the product vision and enabling high-performing engineers to solve complex
What You’ll Do
- Drive impact by leading your teams to deliver results with sustainable engineering practices
- Own project planning and execution of multiple features and releases
- Contribute to architecture, design, and code reviews. Also not be afraid to do some hands-on development/debugging to solve complex use cases
- Lead a team of high-performing engineers and tech leads. Help them grow their skillset through hands-on experience, mentorship, and feedback
- Nurture a culture of excellence on the team through hiring diverse and talented engineers, predictable execution, and a high level of quality
- Collaborate with others in engineering and product leadership to create and own the long-term roadmap and deliverables for your team
- Effectively communicate the roadmap and strategy within the team and across the organization
- Create and manage processes that enable team members to do their best work
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of industry experience with 2+ years in an engineering management role leading high functioning teams
- Ability to ensure a high hiring bar, develop and iterate on interview processes, and prioritize excellent candidate and interviewer experience throughout.
- Ability to keep engineers motivated, and be a coach/mentor
- Strong fundamentals in modern frontend technologies – Typescript, Apollo, Graphql
- Experience with test automation tools – Jest and Cypress
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently
- Ability to move fast, build in increments, and iterate
- A sense of urgency, a mindset toward achieving results, and excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders to influence product direction
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts
- Focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science
Additional Desirable Experience
- Contributions to prominent and related open-source projects
- Experience/familiarity with Machine learning and Data science workflows
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, dental and vision for employees, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!