We are interviewing
and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on
inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location
specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are
working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company
office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or
As the CIO at PagerDuty, you’ll lead our global IT organization and take
PagerDuty’s internal technology use to the next level, as we scale to $1
Billion in revenue. This includes driving simplification for external
customers using our applications, improving Pagerduty’s employee experience as
they utilize our internal systems and processes, and championing the use of
PagerDuty externally. You will build, refine and implement the strategy that
allows us to scale, drive the use of technology to transform processes, and
improve experience and productivity.
As a senior executive, you will act as a trusted advisor and change agent,
providing thought leadership and execution excellence, driving technology
enablement and innovation. You will partner with internal organizations to
implement scalable technologies that drive business value, connecting the
strategy and the execution. Your strong end user, customer and product focus
will be evident as you champion the use of technology internally to Dutonians
and externally to customers and partners.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Enable IT as a business value driver by leading the ongoing development and execution of an integrated IT strategy, aligned to our cloud-first principles and a long term investment thesis.
- Partner with senior leadership to create a technology, application and data strategy that optimizes operational processes and aligns to our long term goals.
- Deliver a well architected SaaS based application environment that supports the business, with a strong focus on agility and flexibility in anticipation of future requirements.
- Lead a focus of technology as the means to improve employee productivity and drive employee engagement. Provide insight into business processes and systems that advance user adoption and improve employee satisfaction.
- Lead a team of technology leaders and professionals , developing and mentoring the team to scale with the company, supporting their advancement and career development and building an effective organizational structure to scale with PD’s growth.
- Manage the technology portfolio , leveraging your evolving knowledge of industry trends, taking advantage of emerging technologies, in order to drive operational effectiveness, efficiency and competitive advantage.
- Scale the use of technology across the company, using automation, standardization, process improvement and alternative resourcing models to ensure the best return on investment.
- With a company mindset, drive business improvement, balancing company needs across all organizations: Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Finance, Legal, People and IT.
- Create a culture that balances excellence and agility so as to be responsive to rapidly evolving business needs, while maintaining appropriate standards of performance.
- Proactively manage vendor relationships to optimize spend, building partnerships with key vendors that contemplate our growth requirements.
- Manage the company IT budget across internal infrastructure, enterprise applications, hardware, data infrastructure, proactively building and maintaining a multi-year plan with FP&A
- Lead the development and deployment of security and privacy strategies for employee applications and infrastructure in collaboration with the PagerDuty Security and Legal teams, building appropriate controls, risk mitigation and resilience.
- Own the delivery of the IT components of the company Business Continuity Program
- Be recognized as a technology leader externally , developing peer CIO relationships with our customers and partners, showcasing PagerDuty use of technology, and use of our own products and services.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years within the IT industry, preferably in a SaaS/high technology B2B company
- 10+ years of progressive and successful IT leadership roles leading multiple teams and driving change in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience developing and implementing an IT infrastructure/platform roadmap
- Previous experience leading and continuously improving relevant platforms (SaaS platforms such as SalesForce, Netsuite, Workday, Zuora, Snowflake, Tableau, Jira)
- Excellent communication, partnership and collaboration skills across all levels (including top executives) internal and external to PagerDuty
- Ability to see the big picture, as well as, strong attention to detail
- Experience establishing and leading an IT security strategy to reduce risk and maintain business continuity
- Ability to travel occasionally for business or customer meetings
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates,
including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether
you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in
employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your
career path, we are excited to connect with you.
**We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled
and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a
comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved
ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry
standards and aligned with local laws and regulations. **
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management,
serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of
the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to
manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital
services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or
opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of
women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a
proud member of the Pledge 1%
Movement, committed to donating 1%
Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our
communities. We are Great Place to Work-
our product is top rated in its category on
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see
yourself at PagerDuty.
Learn more: Social Impact; Inclusion,
Diversity, & Equity;
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal
opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you
require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will
work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a
background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a
manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.