We are interviewing
and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on
inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location
specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are
working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company
office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or
PagerDuty is growing and we are looking for an experienced Data Engineer for
our Technical Operations team to manage and contribute to the software and
services that we provide to our users. As a Data Engineer at PagerDuty, you
will help lead the team responsible for designing, building, deploying, and
supporting solutions for teams across PagerDuty's growing global user base.
You are scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact on a small
but growing team.
Together with the other members of the Data Platform team, you will have the
opportunity to re-define how PagerDuty, designs, builds, integrates, and
maintains a growing set of software and SaaS solutions. In this role, you will
be working cross-functionally with business domain experts, analytics, and
engineering teams to re-design and re-implement our Data Warehouse model(s).
**How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities **
- Translate business requirements into data models that are easy to understand and used by different disciplines across the company. Design, implement and build pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- Partner with business domain experts, data analysts and engineering teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service
- Be a champion of the overall strategy for data governance, security, privacy, quality and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements
- Own and document foundational company metrics with a clear definition and data lineage
- Identify, document and promote best practices
**About You: Skills and Attributes **
- You will design, implement and scale data pipelines that transform billions of records into actionable data models that enable data insights.
- You will help lead initiatives to formalize data governance and management practices, rationalize our information lifecycle and key company metrics.
- You will provide mentorship and hands-on technical support to build trusted and reliable domain-specific datasets and metrics.
- You will have deep technical skills, be comfortable contributing to a nascent data ecosystem, and building a strong data foundation for the company.
- You will be a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and passionate about having a huge impact at PagerDuty.
**Minimum Requirements **
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 6+ years of experience working in data architecture, data pipelines, data modeling, master data management, metadata management
- Experience designing, deploying, and leading end to end Data platforms in a cloud-based and Agile environment
- Very strong experience in scaling and optimizing schemas, writing complex and performance tuning SQL and Data pipelines in the OLTP, OLAP and Data Warehouse environments.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and being capable of writing complex SQL.
- Experiences with Cloud-based Data Warehousing Platform such as SnowFlake or AWS Redshift.
- Experience with Data Pipeline and workflow tools such as Airflow including upgrades and administration tasks. Experience with AWS managed Airflow is a plus.
- Proficiency with one or more object-oriented and/or functional programming languages - Python/Scala/PySpark.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies like Spark - Databricks Preferred.
- Experience with AWS - S3, SQS, Lambda, Athena and more.
- Experience with any of different ETL Tools like - Fivetran, Segment, Mulesoft or others.
- Knowledge of at-least one Data Visualization tool like Tableau, Periscope or Looker
- A consistent track record of close collaboration with business partners and crafting data solutions to meet their needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Smart Individual to pick up and jump into any new technology as and when needed and a good team player.
**Preferred Qualifications **
- Experience with Real time and other machine learning frameworks
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as a code - Terraform is a plus
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates,
including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether
you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in
employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your
career path, we are excited to connect with you.
**We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled
and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a
comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved
ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry
standards and aligned with local laws and regulations. **
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management,
serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of
the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to
manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital
services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or
opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of
women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a
proud member of the Pledge 1%
Movement, committed to donating 1%
Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our
communities. We are Great Place to Work-
our product is top rated in its category on
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see
yourself at PagerDuty.
Learn more: Social Impact; Inclusion,
Diversity, & Equity;
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal
opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you
require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will
work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a
background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a
manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.