We are interviewing
and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on
inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location
specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are
working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company
office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or
Staff Security Engineer - Infrastructure
Overview of the Role
We are seeking an experienced Staff Security Engineer who has rich technical
experience working in and securing a cloud native environment. You will be a
part of an amazing team that’s intensely focused on securing our products,
improving our security processes, and building the future of security at
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading, designing, implementing, and configuring infrastructure security controls in a cloud-based infrastructure environment.
- Lead complex projects that require in-depth knowledge within technical, solutions, business and collaborate across the broader engineering organization.
- Identify threats and vulnerabilities, security gaps, and recommend enhancements and changes to increase infrastructure security posture.
- Support security operations to provide the protection of the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of customer data and building/maintaining customer trust.
- Partner with product/engineering, corporate operations, and employees to build and maintain a security-aware culture where everyone understands and plays their part
- Provide thought leadership on modern security operations and help lead our infrastructure security organization in creating trust through security.
- Participating in our team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing security issues as they arise.
- Mentor and grow infrastructure and cloud security engineers.
Skills and Attributes
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful security engineering projects.
- Past experience with security event management, endpoint protection, identity and access management, network security.
- Past experience with threat analysis, threat hunting, proactive security practices
- Prior experience with Security Operations and/or Incident Response, preferably for cloud native services.
- Experience with containerized applications, and technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery/continuous deployment environment.
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider security engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning.
- You believe security should make it easy to do the right thing.
- You are an expert at leading collaborative efforts involving large groups.
- Expert at building consensus within and across engineering teams.
- 7+ years of experience in infrastructure securing infrastructure, securing infrastructure including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, including network security.
- 5+ years experience with cloud-native security experience, cloud-native based security best practices.
- Experience with Linux operating systems, scripting languages such as Python, configuration languages like YAML, JSON and technologies such as Terraform and/or Cloudformation, configuration tools such as Chef or Ansible.
- Experience with AWS cloud security best practices, and AWS security technologies such as AWS IAM, AWS Organizations, AWS Shield, AWS GuardDuty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to compress intricate security challenges into concise descriptions.
- The ability to solve security problems without saying "No".
- Certifications such as AWS Security Speciality, (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), (ISC)2 CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates,
including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether
you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in
employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your
career path, we are excited to connect with you.
**We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled
and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a
comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved
ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry
standards and aligned with local laws and regulations. **
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management,
serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of
the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to
manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital
services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or
opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of
women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a
proud member of the Pledge 1%
Movement, committed to donating 1%
Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our
communities. We are Great Place to Work-
our product is top rated in its category on
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see
yourself at PagerDuty.
Learn more: Social Impact; Inclusion,
Diversity, & Equity;
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal
opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you
require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will
work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a
background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a
manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.