About Panorama: **
**Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically
improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 15 million
students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand
students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in
need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to
ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate
and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental
United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid
An important part of Panorama’s impact and growth to date has been our
Teaching and Learning team. Teaching and Learning team members inspire and
equip leaders and educators to support students holistically through
professional learning, leading hundreds of sessions per year and achieving
highly favorable reviews from leaders and educators. In addition, the Teaching
& Learning team also builds and maintains documentation and on-demand learning
to support educators and leaders to use Panorama in their daily work.
Over years of delivering workshops to caring adults within our longest
standing partnership, the objectives and format of our support grew to include
more advising services than strictly workshop facilitation. We launched a
dedicated Strategic Advising practice on the Teaching and Learning team in
2019 and have since formalized these service offerings as well as our staffing
in order to attract, hire, retain and develop a team of advisors. As we head
into 2022, the Strategic Advising practice and team has grown to a point where
we are in need of more people management and practice leadership. The plan is
for the Team Lead, Strategic Advising role to be a dedicated people manager,
though it will start as a “player-coach” role, i.e. it will involve both
maintaining a small portfolio of advising clients as well as managing a few
**Key Responsibilities: **
- Establish new and refine existing systems on the Strategic Advising practice that contribute to an inclusive culture of collective ownership, diversity of background, thinking and design, agency, solutions-orientation, outcome-orientation and learning-orientation across the practice.
- Manage a team of Professional Learning Directors and Professional Learning Managers who serve clients in the capacity of “Strategic Advisor”, including supporting them to scope PD pathways, set and manage expectations internally and externally, set and backwards plan from ambitious, measurable and achievable partner goals within their locus of control and influence.
- Scope and deliver advising services to a small number of advising clients.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Research, Outreach, Account Management, Marketing, and Client Success in order to ensure insights and practices that are developed and facilitated among advising clients are incorporated into our products and services.
- Contribute to a culture of learning and collaboration among other people managers on Teaching and Learning.
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience in education, including experience managing and coaching educators or consultants as well as consulting with school systems.
- Demonstrated ability to build internal knowledge and skills that empowers others to achieve excellence
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a strong, positive, and results-driven culture of collaboration and partnership cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to design and facilitate professional development pathways that align to research-based principles of trauma-informed facilitation practices and adult learning
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and make continuous improvements to support the accessibility and cultural responsiveness of curriculum through innovation and inclusivity-focused design principles
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness advancing equity and inclusion internally and with clients by meeting individuals and teams where they are on their journey, especially across lines of identity-based and cultural differences and in light of complex and challenging socio-political contexts
- Willingness to adapt some content and language based on the audience, and to ensure materials resonate with Panorama’s nationally distributed, diverse base of users
- Demonstrated track record of continuously improving systems and processes, and ability to create new systems that empower teams and increase effectiveness
- Excellent project management skills demonstrated through the successful leadership of concurrent projects and/or initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information and processes effectively and clearly in writing and through the creation of asynchronous resources
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can build a vision without perfect information and lead projects through change
- Drive to continue to learn more about school districts, district leaders, and educators, the challenges they face, and how Panorama can help support them
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All
Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company
because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse
backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and
impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we
have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-
performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share
with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also
has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.