Paperless Post is looking for a highly strategic Brand Marketing &
Communications Lead who is excited by the prospect of building out the world's
leading brand for entertaining and parties. The ideal candidate is an expert
storyteller with a deep passion for parties and design, impeccable style and
taste, and a deep creative thinker with the ability to quickly and intuitively
grasp the premium sensibility of the brand. We are looking for someone who is
proactive and detail-oriented with a passion for growing a business through
smart, on-brand communications. You will manage, own and execute key brand
marketing efforts including but not limited to: social, PR, influencer,
partnerships, and integrated marketing campaigns. You should be able to
collaborate at all levels, reaching up and down to own and execute multiple
channels. We are a lean marketing team and are looking for a go-getter who is
focused on getting the job done.
The role will report to the SVP, Marketing and will be responsible for hiring
their first direct report, a Social Media Manager.
What you’ll do here: ****************************************
- Act as key guardian and arbiter of brand to ensure creative campaigns and execution are unique, ownable and uphold premium brand equity
- Own and execute day-to-day of key brand channels (e.g. organic social, influencer, partnerships, PR) in collaboration with brand creative and partnerships teams
- Develop an optimized social and influencer strategy with a focus on growing upper funnel traffic, followers, maximizing reach, and driving user engagement.
- Develop and lead press outreach strategy with a focus on crafting unique stories that ultimately grow upper funnel traffic, linkbacks, and high-value press placements
- Execute all organic social media calendaring and posting as well as tracking and reporting
- Manage integrated marketing campaign efforts, leading brainstorm and campaign development to support key categories and seasonal moments and ensure campaign is executed across key marketing channels.
- Actively seek out and share design, event, and category trends, identifying opportunities for new creative ideas that are aligned with what the Paperless Post brand stands for
- Leverage existing partners to create unique content for use across marketing channels, as well as ideate with partnerships team on new potential partnerships to support overall Paperless Post brand equity and differentiation
- Work with rest of marketing team in order to ideate and develop unique and ownable brand ideas to execute across channels
- 7+ years in brand or editorial content-related role on a marketing team at a brand-forward company
- 2+ years of experience in organic social, with deep passion for this channel and proven track record of driving substantial channel growth without paid support
- Strong visual sense backed by deeply creative thinking with a curatorial eye and ability to spot and be ahead of trends
- Passion for the Paperless Post brand and the events/party/stationery industries
- Ability to create unique and ownable brand stories and storytelling moments that elevate the Paperless Post brand and illustrate its position as the market leader
- Experience running an influencer program to grow a brand
- Experience leading PR outreach and developing compelling, press-worthy stories
- Experience developing creative communication strategies, plus a curiosity to build out new programs that support the brand and what it stands for
- Strong sense of verbal style and humor, with ability to tailor messaging for different channels
- Ambitious self-starter with strong ownership attitude and demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Energized by the ability to own and execute channels independently with strong sense of accountability
- Experience using social management tools like Sprout Social and Later, a plus
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a
balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by
ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal
version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 100 million people connect in the
real world since our inception. Our product is global, and we are committed to
being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all
backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply! Women, people of color,
trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are
especially encouraged to apply.