Paperless Post is seeking a very strong full stack data analyst with an innate
curiosity about user behavior to derive insights from complex data sets and
drive our business forward. You have a proven track record of analyzing and
deriving insights from data. You will help support the growing needs of our
business development initiatives and have a strong quantitative mindset that
allows you to distill complex concepts into clear and accessible learnings.
What you’ll do here - As a full stack member of the Data team you will:
- Participate in Data team ideation sessions to define analytics and reporting projects and solutions.
- Work closely with our business and product stakeholders to derive deep insights into our various products, events, and invitations.
- Create data and visualization solutions such as attribution models, complex funnels, event classifiers and dashboards.
- Present findings and recommendations to our stakeholders.
- Train our stakeholders on how to use our BI tools.
- Develop deep understanding of the KPIs that drive our business and identify ways of improving overall results across the company.
- Own and evolve our data model.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering processes and projects.
- Participate in an Agile development cycle.
What you bring to the table
- 4+ years experience working with data and statistical analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Python.
- Experience using a BI tool and data modeling, preferably with DBT and Looker.
- Solid knowledge of database concepts, familiarity with clickstream data.
- Ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand and digestible manner.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with team members who are highly technical as well as those with limited or no statistical training.
- Comfort with the ambiguity that sometimes comes with a fast-paced start-up atmosphere.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Sailthru.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Statistics, Math, Data Science, Operations Research or related field a plus.
A little bit about us
The Paperless Post Data team plays a crucial role in our product’s success. We
get to dive into advanced data work—from machine learning to visualization,
classifier creation to ETL pipelines—that solve complex business problems and
increase the functional capabilities of everyone throughout the company. On
the reporting side, we help ensure that all teams have the information they
need to make sound business decisions. Above all, we’re a team that is excited
about what we do.
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and healthy
balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by
ad revenue, we get to spend our days focused on creating and improving on the
ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our