Paperless Post seeks an experienced eCommerce leader and consummate taste-
maker to bring our users a selection of beautiful products to bring their
hosting dreams to life! Launched in 2021, the newly created Party Shop offers
users a curated assortment of unique products spanning from tabletop, party
supplies, decor and gifts. In this role you will act as the end-to-end owner
of the business - both developing and executing the eCommerce strategy. You
will be responsible for delivering our ambitious revenue goals for the Party
Shop, curating the product selection, running the website, and working closely
with cross-functional teams to bring exposure to the site. This role reports
to the VP of Merchandising and eCommerce.
A little bit about us
At Paperless Post, we promise to inspire and empower anyone to host
confidently, with every invitation. The Paperless Post Merchandising and
eCommerce team plays a critical role in delivering this promise! Through
thoughtful analysis, a keen eye for design and intimate understanding of our
users, we aim to inspire our audience to host their dream events. We are a
highly cross-functional team and love working with teams throughout the
company to bring our vision to life while delivering revenue to the company.
What you’ll do here
- Strategy: Support in the development of a data-driven go to-market and assortment strategy for the Party Shop that includes a roadmap for category expansion as well as five-year P&L. Gain alignment from senior management and cross-functional team and secure the necessary resources to make the Party Shop a success.
- Results: Work to deliver revenue and profit goals laid out for the Party Shop.
- Assortment selection: Source and select assortment that aligns with the overall category and assortment strategy for the Party Shop. Work with the Partnerships team to secure and manage the vendors.
- Site Merchandising: Develop and execute a site-merchandising plan aimed at driving conversion and repeat, while creating a beautiful and inspiring shopping experience for our users.
- Cross-functional Leadership - Define cross-functional relationship and responsibilities for other teams across the organization. Manage these cross-functional relationships. In particular work with the Marketing and Product/Engineering teams to define and execute a strategy to expose Party Shop to Paperless Post users.
- Analysis and Reporting: Conduct in-depth analyses to understand performance and user behavior. Adjust tactics to respond to the dynamic environment to optimize sales. Define and report out on KPIs on a recurring basis to management and cross-functional teams.
- Operations - Manage the operations of the website including on-site merchandising, SKU ingestions and integrations with vendors and inventory management partners. Manage the relationship with our partners, Shopify and RevCascade.
**About you **
- You have 7-10 years experience in merchandising and at least 5 years in eCommerce
- If you have experience with Shopify that is a serious plus!
- You are a taste-maker and ideally you enjoy hosting yourself!
- You have a proven ability to mix art and science to build hypotheses.
- You flex between strategic thinking and operations
- You have strong analytical skills to support data-driven decision making.
- You are scrappy - Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty. We are a small and nimble team and every one here does their part.
- You are kind. You have a strong EQ and ability to work with a diverse group of people and ways of thinking.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree; an MBA is a plus
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a
balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by
ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal
version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 100 million people connect in the
real world since our inception. Our product is global, and we are committed to
being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all
backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply! Women, people of color,
trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are
especially encouraged to apply.