Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5
billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level
of growth, we are looking for an Android Engineer for our Growth
What you will do
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of a new foundation for Patreon
- Architect elegant and maintainable code with a focus on autonomy and collaborating with engineers, designers, product managers, and stakeholders across the company
- Advocate for best patterns and practices in the areas of system design, performance, and testing, especially for surge volume scale from our creators’ audiences
- Foster clarity and alignment on technical vision and direction
- Advocate for engineering systems and solutions that lean towards high-craft and quick-iteration product development
- Build a strong product-minded engineering culture by mentoring engineers
Skills and experience you possess
- 5+ years of experience in building high quality well-crafted Android applications
- Strong Kotlin and Java fluency and you’ve handled UI, networking, and threading in these languages
- Hold a high standard of craftsmanship with an eye for UI, UX, and engineering detail
- Familiarity with designing, building, deploying, and monitoring app releases
- Experience designing clean and useable APIs
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism
- Penchant for elegant and simple solutions for complex requirements
- Nice to have: experience with GraphQL. Familiarity with other parts of our technology stack: React, TypeScript, and Swift
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?