Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5
billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level
of growth, Patreon is looking for a Data Program Manager to join our Data
Science and Engineering team.
What you will do:
- Own the strategy and centralization of internal data products used by executives and members from our Finance, Product, Marketing, and Creator-Facing teams.
- Own our business intelligence stack. Partner with internal teams and external vendors to develop and continuously grow our business intelligence capabilities.
- Identity areas of scalability and automation in our business intelligence and analytics practices. Develop dashboards, reports, and analytics solutions with solid data quality checks, and empower data scientists to do the same.
- Lead improvements to the development and deployment of key company metrics through robust and stable data pipelines and world-class reporting infrastructure.
- Develop documentation processes for key metric definitions and data sources using Datafold and other tools.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making, including defining and shaping self-service analytics at Patreon. Train users across the company on business intelligence tools and data, improving data proficiency across the organization.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have 4+ years of experience in creating internal data products, designing business and performance metrics, and implementing innovative data driven solutions to help stakeholders make better data-driven decisions.
- You are excited about partnering with teams across the organization and building strong relationships with internal data owners and data consumers.
- You are an expert on the business intelligence stack and are familiar with multiple business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Mode, etc.
- You are a SQL expert. You have no problem regularly leveraging window functions, self-joins, and other SQL functions to accomplish your business intelligence goals.
- You have experience designing or are able to quickly ramp up designing thoughtful data pipelines and schemas to drive efficiency in internal data products, using tools such as Airflow or similar ETL tools and Python or similar scripting language.
- You’ve previously taught yourself new tools/techniques to expand your skill set, and are excited to continue doing so within a supportive community of data teammates.
- You have a bias for using the right tools to get a job done with maximum efficiency. You have experience making tradeoffs between speed and accuracy.
- You bias towards standardization and automation in your analytics practice.
- You have solid analytical thinking--you ask the right questions and can crisply communicate complicated information using charts and dashboards.
- You are an outstanding communicator with a love for clarity.
Projects you may work on:
- Improve the integrity and capabilities of key executive reports utilized in investor meetings and board meetings and viewed regularly by executives
- Enable our creator-facing teams to better serve our top creators by centralizing existing tools used by creator-facing teams during conversations with creators and identifying/resolving gaps in these existing tools
- Design processes and systems for ensuring data integrity in key metrics throughout the company, potentially by contributing to the design and maintenance of a metrics layer in our data stack
- Empower users across the company to make data-driven decisions by training them on how to use internal data products, helping them to develop intuition around key metrics, and inspiring confidence in their data-driven mindset
- Manage the transition of key data tools from Tableau to Mode and deprecate or refine underused tools
- Own our Datafold integration and develop a process to ensure key data sources are documented
- Advise on and evolve our data visualization practices, including those leveraged in investor and board reporting, internal presentations, and in the product
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Learn about the requirements and intricacies of data teams at a late-stage startup
- Learn how to define business intelligence best practices for a growing team of data scientists and a growing company
- Advance your skills in the tools in our tech stack (Redshift, MySQL, Airflow, Python, R, Mode, Tableau, Amplitude, Avo, and Datafold)
- Learn from an energetic data team and data-minded cross-functional partners, all of whom are full of passion for our product and our mission
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?