Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2
billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level
of growth, Patreon is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Payments and
What you will do:
- You will produce research and analysis through querying large datasets and build tools to support cross-functional stakeholders.
- You will partner with International, Payments and Finance teams to inform strategy and evaluate success by defining success criteria, designing experiments, and measuring product efficacy.
- You will build a culture of data-driven decision making at Patreon.
- You will dive into data to illuminate trends and answer key questions about our users.
- You will work on improving our team practices and efficiency.
- You will collaborate with people from all walks of life.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have 4+ years experience helping Product teams make great decisions with data.
- You have experience working with payments data and partnering with finance teams.
- You are an expert in building relationships with Product and Operations teams and know how to work autonomously.
- You have excellent analytical thinking -- you ask the right questions and can frame data correctly.
- You are an expert querying large datasets, visualizing and presenting data, using Python relevant data libraries (pandas, numpy), and know how to manipulate data in Excel.
- You have experience with experimentation and statistical analysis.
- You are an expert communicator with a love for clarity.
Projects you may work on:
- International: Bring Patreon to millions of new patrons and creators around the world by helping launch new currencies, languages and payment methods in new markets and measuring the performance of those feature releases.
- Tax: Introduce best practices into existing tools and systems as well as build new ones in order to empower our Operations teammates. Set up alerts and validation processes to ensure a high level of data quality and accuracy.
- Financial Reconciliation: Help build the infrastructure that allows us to reconcile our transactional data and financial statements for different data sources.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Learn about the internationalization and localization processes for a late-stage tech startup, as well as the systems that need to be built to support it.
- Advance your technical skills in the tools our data team utilizes in their daily workflows: Redshift, MySQL, Airflow, Python, R, Mode, Tableau, and Amplitude.
- Learn from an energetic Data Science team full of passion for our product, and teams of Product Managers, Designers and Engineers who are building the product and the internal systems that empower our teammates.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?