Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2
billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level
of growth, Patreon is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Mobile
Exiting this year the Patreon app will be one that helps creators shine thru
content consumption and engagement. Your role will consist of platform
(Android or iOS), people and project responsibilities.
What you will do:
- You will build a mobile team that’s a reference point for the industry. This year we are well on our way to grow from 5 to 30 engineers.
- You will lead a team in building a world-class consumer mobile app.
- You will lead a product with PM, Design, etc. that will help creators grow their membership thru Content.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2+ years experience of engineering management.
- 4+ years of prior Android or iOS experience.
- Preferred experience on consumer product.
Projects you may work on:
- Making video a primitive on Patreon. Shipping video formats that allow creators to grow their membership.
- Shipping a podcasting consumption experience. Exploring how we can make podcasts feel alive w/community.
- Building lightweight content creation experiences from mobile help fans feel closer to their favorite creators.
- Mobile technical foundations that will help the code-base scale and improve productivity as the team grows (e.g. product infra, DevX, etc.).
What you will have the chance to learn:
- How to scale an engineering organization and app from the ground up.
- Building differentiated consumer product that fans love and gets creators paid.
- Most of all you will have fun, build good product and get paid well doing it!
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?