Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5
billion directly to creators on our platform.
At Patreon, we deal with some of the most sensitive data such as patrons’
payment methods, creators’ financial information to process payouts, along
with several other bits of personal information from patrons and creators
alike. We process over a billion dollars annually. Our security team takes on
the responsibility of protecting and safeguarding this data, and making sure
these transactions proceed without being tampered with.
We have a rapidly growing employee base, and our IT team takes on the
responsibility of making every employee productive as quickly as possible by
giving them access to all the tools and access needed to do their jobs
effectively, and providing support to this large and growing team across
We are looking for an engineering leader to lead our security and IT teams.
This role allows for remote work.
What you will do:
- Attract and retain a high-performing team with the highest tier of technical talent.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders, and cross functional peers such as product, design, finance, legal to craft a roadmap for your team.
- Do effective prioritization between competing priorities, e.g., new systems, technical debt etc.
- Coach and mentor engineers to grow their career.
- Be an advocate and represent your team’s work in company-wide forums
- Contribute to shaping overall engineering culture at the company
- Participate in company-wide hiring activities such as recruiting, interviewing, and closing top candidates.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Prior experience with managing a team with proven high quality of talent
- Proven expert in the security domain with good knowledge of state of the art tools, and most commonly exploited attack vectors. Experience leading IT teams a plus.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills with the ability to lead through influence
- Proven ability to work across different functions and being able to adjust communication according to the intended audience.
- High EQ and personable approach to management with a focus on coaching and mentoring.
- Deeply technical and possessing the ability to deep dive into technical issues and approach as needed.
- Passionate about building a world class engineering culture and passionate about contributing to the larger team outside their own.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?