**Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?**
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energizing their fanbases. Our user base has doubled in the
last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5 billion directly to creators on
Patreon is building a top tier Infrastructure organization. We are looking for
an engineering manager to help shape and grow it from its existing core. In
this role, you will be driving technical roadmaps, operations philosophy,
architecture review, execution and the buildout of a modern high scale
infrastructure for the engineering organization as a whole.
We look for people who understand the value of a metric centered approach to
reliability, root out toil wherever it may live, align closely with engineers,
and live by the mantra that “Hope is not a strategy.”
This role can be Remote.
What you will do:
- Build, hire and lead a top tier team of Site Reliability Engineers to be the force multiplier for Patreon’s product engineering organization.
- Support the product organization with expertise and engineer development that will optimize observability, availability, performance, efficiency, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- Responsible for maintaining our production, staging, and test environments on AWS through configuration automation tools
- Work to build a strong engineering culture of observability and reliability
- Think ahead and set the vision and multi-year roadmap for Patreon’s Infrastructure
- Act as a player/coach, care for the team, lead the team with technical execution establishing credibility and clout
- Work to maintain, design and re-architect new platforms around compute, database, observability, developer experience, QA, etc
- Bring out the best in the individuals in your teams by enabling them to do the best work of their lives
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2+ years experience of managing a team of software engineers and/or SREs.
- 4+ years of experience developing cloud infrastructure and large scale systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and designing highly scalable systems
- Strong experience in Python, Go, or similar
- Strong experience Cloud Infra (AWS), Kubernetes, MySQL, Metrics, Logging, Tracing, and Observability
- A good people manager: Able to mentor, coach, and develop mid level and senior engineers to do the best work of their lives. Works to forge the bonds of a strong team
- Talent magnet: Track record of hiring engineers at scale
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?