Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2
billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level
of growth, Patreon is looking for a Fraud Specialist to join our San
Francisco and Omaha team.
What you will do:
- Review suspicious accounts using internal and external fraud tools, and take action in accordance with Patreon's policies.
- Research and analyze data to detect fraudulent activity, and develop opportunities for minimizing fraud and avoiding false positives.
- Independently determine and recommend an appropriate course of action following fraud detection.
- Work with Data Science and Risk Engineers to develop and test rule sets and machine learning models.
- Work cross-functionally with our Content Moderation and Community Happiness team regarding account suspensions, closures, and other fraud matters.
- Help identify process improvements and contribute to key projects and initiatives.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2+ years of professional experience, including 1+ years conducting fraud operations and/or AML
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of APAC languages
- APAC fraud/payment experience
- Self-starter who is very comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Knowledge of, and experience utilizing fraud investigative techniques and practices
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong working relationships within and across multiple disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic Zendesk knowledge is a plus
- Basic Excel knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of KYC, SAR, OFAC/FinCen is a bonus
Projects you may work on:
- Chargeback monitoring
- Fraud Trend reviews
What you will have the chance to learn:
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?