Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5
billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level
of growth, we are looking for a Fullstack Engineer for our Fraud &
What you will do
- Design, build, deploy, and support engineering solutions to manage and fight fraud. You’ll contribute to projects from the initial design process all the way to deployment.
- Collaborate with product, fraud operations, data science, payments and compliance to engineer ways to combat fraud.
- Integrate internal machine learning models and third-party APIs to develop robust fraud detection applications.
- Develop internal tools for fraud operations to effectively manage manual processes.
- Contribute at a global scale at a fast-moving, fast-growing company.
Skills and experience you possess
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- You have an excitement for learning new things and for working with a variety of technologies in order to ship reliable code quickly
- You have excellent communication skills to facilitate requirements gathering, decision-making, and knowledge sharing
- You can collaborate cross-functionally. You will be working with product managers, data scientists, adjacent engineering teams, and operations teams.
- You have experience working in Python, Java and/or a similar general purpose language
- You have a strong understanding of web servers and API design frameworks
- You are proficient at writing well-optimized MySql database queries and can model data
- You have experience shipping code quickly using CI/CD
- You have a desire to write clean, easy-to-read code with a strong attention to detail
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?