Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5
billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level
of growth, Patreon is looking for a Localization Project Manager to join us.
What you will do:
- Oversee day-to-day localization projects across a wide range of content types, tracking and reporting on project status, and ensuring content across product, marketing, help center, etc. is localized efficiently and effectively
- Partner and build relationships with key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Community Happiness (Support), and other teams across the company to help develop and/or improve localization processes
- Identify and manage risks through prioritization and troubleshooting
- Effectively communicate project updates cross-functionally and with our external partners
- Effectively articulate the value of localization requirements and regional preferences to cross-functional stakeholders
- Triage and manage localization feedback and bugs, working with our localization vendors and developers to implement fixes
- Document localization best practices and processes for internal and external teams
- Keep linguistic assets including Translation Memory, Style Guides and Glossaries up to date
Skills and experience you possess:
- 1-3 years of experience managing localization projects, supporting multilingual localization programs through cross-functional partnership
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience leading root cause analysis investigations and creatively figuring out solutions to operational challenges
- Familiarity with TMS and CAT tools
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to pivot as needed
- The ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact to the business
- Passion for operational excellence, attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Scrappiness & bias towards action: we’re building the future of creative independence and changing the way creative work is made
Projects you may work on:
- You will help us create a truly localized experience for creators and patrons in international markets
- You will be essential to realizing our international goals, which is a major growth lever for the company
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will empower teams and help build the next generation of the Patreon Product
- You will be one of the first members of Patreon’s localization team, with the opportunity to help build a top tier localization program
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?