Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the
value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership
services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide
creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain
creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus
on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5
billion directly to creators on our platform.
**What you will do **
- Lead Patreon’s efforts in machine learning and deep learning, which cut across product uses cases of payments, risk, recommendations, creator and patron content experiences, and curation.
- Determine the right mix of tooling, labeling, and people to achieve ML-driven outcomes for the business.
- Attract and retain a high-performing team with the highest tier of technical talent.
- Collaborate with cross functional peers such as product, engineering, design, legal, and trust and safety to craft a roadmap for your team.
- Effectively prioritize between competing priorities, e.g., new models, retraining, migrating to new services, etc.
- Coach and mentor data scientists and machine learning engineers to grow their career.
- Be an advocate and represent your team’s work in company-wide forums.
- Contribute to shaping overall data culture at the company.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Experience in an environment with mature production ML systems whose inferences directly drive consumer experiences.
- Prior experience with managing a team of 5 or more teammates with proven high quality of talent.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to work across different functions and being able to adjust communication according to the intended audience.
- High EQ and personable approach to management with a focus on coaching and mentoring.
- Deeply technical with the ability to deep dive into technical issues and provide guidance.
- Expertise within common ML and DL libraries, frameworks, and tools. Experience with graph networks and marketplace recommendations are a plus.
- Passion for building a world class data culture and contributing to the larger team outside your own.
**Projects you may work on: **
- Anti-fraud ML: Collaborate with our payments engineering team and product team to improve the systems that fight fraud and save creators millions of dollars a year.
- Algorithmic detection: Collaborate with our content engineering and product teams as well as our trust and safety team to use ML in ways that keeps creators and patrons on the platform safe.
- Recommendations: Thoughtfully introduce network-based creator recommendations to Patreon’s network of over 8M patrons to help creators earn more money from new members.
Our ML team works with a mix of Python, Databricks, AWS (Sagemaker, DynamoDB)
and Redshift. If you think you’re capable of excelling at these tasks and
would like to join our team in San Francisco, please apply below.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people
who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our
culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative,
stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?