Personalis, Inc. is a leader in advanced cancer genomics for enabling the next
generation of precision cancer therapies and diagnostics. The [Personalis NeXT
is designed to adapt to the complex and evolving understanding of cancer,
providing its biopharmaceutical customers and clinicians with information on
all of the approximately 20,000 human genes, together with the immune system,
from a single tissue sample. In population sequencing, Personalis operates one
of the largest sequencing operations globally and is currently the sole
sequencing provider to Veterans Affairs' Million Veteran Program. To enable
cancer and population sequencing, Personalis' [Clinical
was built with a focus on clinical accuracy, quality, big data, scale and
efficiency. The laboratory is GxP-aligned as well as Clinical Laboratory
Improvement Amendments of 1988-certified and College of American Pathologists-
As a team member of our small and growing biotech company, you’ll be integral
to our shared mission of enabling precision medicine for cancer treatment. In
support of our Clinical Lab Ops, your primary responsibilities will be
performing next generation sequencing, related QC, data analysis and other
tasks in support of the next generation sequencing services.
- Run sequencing libraries on next -gen sequencing instruments using the Illumina platform
- Maintain instruments in working order
- Determine sequencing loading schemes to generate required data deliverable
- Prepare NGS libraries for sequencing
- Assists in data transfer and basic QC evaluation of data
- Track sequencing runs and manage data results through a laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Perform troubleshooting and system evaluations when necessary, in communication with the laboratory supervisor and technical support
- Escalates issues to a supervisor when problems arise with sample processing
- Maintain appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize department efficiency and meet established budgetary and quality goals
- Support and ensure compliance with the laboratory’s quality control procedures, policies and safety protocols
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Use effective two-way communication and participate in general laboratory meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in a biological discipline.
- 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Flexibility regarding shift. We have 4 shifts: swing/day and Tues - Sat or Sun - Thurs
- Familiarity with next-gen sequencing protocols and/ or operation of Illumina instruments.
- Familiarity with LIMS or sample tracking systems.
- Familiarity with Quality control of samples and quantification devices (e.g., TapeStation, Qubit, qPCR).
- Flexible and adaptive in a frequently changing environment.
- Strong communication skills - able to clearly and timely communicate problems, protocols, and results both in writing and verbally - and ability to keep complete and detailed records.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and solve basic problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Desire to learn new skills and grow his/her knowledge of next generation sequencing technologies.
- Strong desire to work in a demanding, high-energy, hands-on environment.
- Knowledge of Genomics is preferable.
_Personalis is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a
competitive compensation package. _