Personalis, Inc. is a leader in advanced cancer genomics for enabling the next
generation of precision cancer therapies and diagnostics. The [Personalis NeXT
is designed to adapt to the complex and evolving understanding of cancer,
providing its biopharmaceutical customers and clinicians with information on
all of the approximately 20,000 human genes, together with the immune system,
from a single tissue sample. In population sequencing, Personalis operates one
of the largest sequencing operations globally and is currently the sole
sequencing provider to Veterans Affairs' Million Veteran Program. To enable
cancer and population sequencing, Personalis' [Clinical
was built with a focus on clinical accuracy, quality, big data, scale and
efficiency. The laboratory is GxP-aligned as well as Clinical Laboratory
Improvement Amendments of 1988-certified and College of American Pathologists-
In this role, you will have the opportunity to participate in the daily
activities of the clinical laboratory performing next generation sequencing of
biopsy samples. Primary responsibilities will be performing and assisting in
laboratory tests, processes and analyses according to the laboratory’s
standard operating procedures.
- Manual and automated NGS library preparation of DNA and RNA samples.
- Quality control of prepared libraries.
- Timely reporting of data, analysis, and status updates.
- Sample management and data transfer to other Operations teams.
- Escalates issues to a supervisor when problems arise with sample processing.
- Maintain appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize department efficiency and meet established budgetary and quality goals.
- Support and ensure compliance with the laboratory’s quality control procedures and policies.
- Follows GLP (good laboratory practice) in the use and handling of laboratory materials and equipment to maintain a compliant, safe, clean, ad orderly working environment.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of laboratory safety protocols.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Use effective two-way communication and participate in general laboratory meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in a biological discipline or related
- 2+ years relevant laboratory experience, preferably with knowledge or background in NGS
- Must have working knowledge of techniques for manipulation of RNA and DNA.
- Basic nucleic acid handling techniques including but not limited to (e.g. pipetting, PCR).
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative techniques (e.g. Tapestation, Qubit, Lunatic).
- Strong communication skills - able to clearly and timely communicate problems and results to colleagues, both in writing and verbally.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptive in a frequently changing environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve basic problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Desire to learn new skills and grow his/her knowledge of next generation sequencing technologies.
- Strong desire to work in a demanding, high-energy, hands-on environment.
- Knowledge of Genomics is preferable.
- Experience with lab automation systems is a plus.
_Personalis is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a
competitive compensation package. _