Pilot is looking for Lead Product Designers to help build the future of the
financial back office.
- Decompose complex problems into simple workflows that solve user pain-points.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with cross-functional partners to generate innovative ideas that push our products forward.
- Shape the vision for an entire product area that will inspire and inform product strategy and roadmaps.
- Craft delightful solutions through expressive visual and interaction design that pushes the bar forward.
- Create design systems and patterns that enable the Design and Engineering teams to be highly efficient and effective.
- Directly interface with our users and Research team to conduct interviews and gather insights to inform decision making within your product area.
- Drive teams to prioritize, execute and ship against multiple deadlines, developing processes as needed.
- Drive cross-functional team alignment through effective and proactive communication.
Our ideal candidate will have 8+ years of product design or equivalent
experience, and can additionally demonstrate the following:
- Proven ability to lead and mentor other designers.
- Deliver on all aspects of UI/UX design, from strategy to execution.
- Excellence in design craft, including high proficiency with Figma.
- Translate user needs, business goals, and technology requirements to drive design decisions.
- Partner with and influence leaders across Engineering, Product Management, Design, and other important functions.
- Direct experience leading and/or establishing design systems.
- Thinks in systems—you can see how all the parts fit together, and how a small change can propagate throughout the system over time.
- Highly motivated to design innovative solutions that create step-function improvements.
- Excited for the chance to shape the design culture at a growing company and to inspire people with your unique perspective.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot
provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires
as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their
business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and
payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software
and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and
financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to
focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing
from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our
investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including
Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent
funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and
harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We
also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories,
consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting
notices here, including our EEO policy,
recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify