Pilot is looking for Product Designers to help build the future of the
financial back office.
**Key Responsibilities **
- Take broad conceptual ideas and turn them into delightful solutions.
- Bring your ideas to life through brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and high-fidelity mocks.
- Design and own the end-to-end experience for features within your product area.
- Partner strategically with Product, Engineering, Marketing, UX Research, and Operations to drive team strategy, product decisions, and roadmap priorities.
- Collaborate with research to identify new opportunities, build and test hypotheses, and refine user experience decisions.
- Directly interface with our users to conduct interviews and data gathering to inform design decisions.
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership.
- Mentor other Designers on strategy and craft, and maintain our team's high standard of design.
Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of product design experience, and can
additionally demonstrate the following:
- Ability to understand the business impact of design decisions and drive meaningful product value.
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of simplicity and easy-of-use while meeting user needs.
- Deliver on all aspects of UI/UX design, from strategy to execution.
- Ability to plan, manage, and drive projects from beginning to end.
- Attention to detail with strong visual skills and understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- You care deeply about customers and enjoy creating delightful experiences.
- Experience working with an established design system, and excited to contribute back to the system as it evolves.
- Proficient with modern design tools (we use Figma).
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot
provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires
as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their
business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and
payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software
and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and
financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to
focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing
from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our
investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including
Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent
funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and
harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We
also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories,
consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting
notices here, including our EEO policy,
recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify