Pilot is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Growth Engineering
team to help build the future of the financial back office.
**Key Responsibilities **
- Take broad conceptual ideas and turn them into delightful user experiences.
- Work on projects ranging from quick data-driven interaction experiments to strategic initiatives that reshape our core experience from discovery through onboarding.
- Own the end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution—from ideation, prototyping, user testing, and implementation.
- Be the design driver for projects that have high impact on top of funnel lead volume, lead conversion, net retention, and customer engagement.
- Collaborate with research teams to identify new opportunities, build and test hypotheses, and refine user experience decisions.
- Partner strategically with Product, Engineering, Marketing, UX Research, and Operations to help drive the Growth team’s strategy, product decisions, and roadmap priorities.
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership.
Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of product design experience, with at
least 2 years in a growth-specific role, and can additionally demonstrate the
- Experience designing experiments using hypotheses to drive solutions and apply qualitative and quantitative data to make design decisions.
- An understanding of how design decisions impact the business and meaningfully increase product value.
- Ability to deliver on all aspects of UI/UX design, from strategy to execution.
- Attention to detail with strong visual skills and understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- You care deeply about customers and can share examples of work that creates customer delight.
- Experience working with and contributing to an established design system.
- Proficient with modern design tools (we use Figma).
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot
provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires
as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their
business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and
payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software
and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and
financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to
focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing
from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our
investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including
Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent
funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and
harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We
also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories,
consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting
notices here, including our EEO policy,
recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify