Pilot is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to help build the future of the
financial back office.
**Key Responsibilities **
- Partner closely with Design, Product, and Engineering leaders to drive product strategy and ensure product excellence.
- Provide a user-focused point-of-view in product discussions, design reviews, and strategic research planning.
- Understand and incorporate technical and business requirements into research.
- Create and execute on a UX research strategy, including identifying new opportunities for high-impact research.
- Own and craft a research roadmap, working closely with key leaders to ensure research efforts are aligned with priorities.
- Employ research methods to obtain insights about our users' behaviors and attitudes, and develop recommendations in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Advocate for research findings to diverse audiences through written reports, verbal presentations, and other methods you identify to be most effective.
- Provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques to facilitate self-serve UX research.
- Mentor other researchers on strategy and craft, and maintain our team's high standard of work.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and conducting user research that’s made a strong impact.
- We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- Experience designing and leading generative and evaluative research using a range of techniques (e.g. remote and in-person interviews, usability testing, concept testing, workshops, journey mapping, surveys) along with the knowledge of when, why and how to apply them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that influence and inspire change.
- You know how to analyze qualitative data, synthesize into a coherent and truthful story, and how to create effective ways of sharing your insights so they resonate and are impactful across diverse audiences.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across teams and forging partnerships.
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve important problems.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot
provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires
as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their
business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and
payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software
and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and
financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to
focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing
from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our
investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including
Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent
funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and
harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We
also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories,
consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting
notices here, including our EEO policy,
recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify