Pilot is a hyper growth SaaS + FinTech startup and in this role you'll both
help us scale to $100M of ARR and beyond, and ensure a high degree of customer
happiness and product fit.
- Leverage your accounting background in a critical sales partnership role
- Understand in detail (1) how Pilot works and (2) accounting / business bookkeeping more generally
- Provide advice to businesses on how to set up their bookkeeping processes including delivery of an appropriate scope of work
- Design and deliver custom pricing for strategic accounts
- Share bookkeeping recommendations with existing customers to help them optimize their business processes and achieve our expansion & retention targets
- Work cross functionally with the sales, customer success, operations, and product teams to understand what drives complexity in the bookkeeping and collaborate to enhance our processes
- Independently manage a combination of internal and external projects with competing deadlines
- You have deep technical knowledge of accounting, e.g. from a relevant degree or other experience.
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience, CPA preferred.
- You have strong communication skills that enable you to be credible and persuasive with C-level executives.
- You are highly detail-oriented, enabling you to take into account all relevant considerations when determining how to best meet a customer’s needs.
- You are curious and organized - not afraid to to ask for help, but able to work independently.
- Strong interest in technology.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot
provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires
as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their
business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and
payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software
and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and
financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to
focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing
from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our
investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including
Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent
funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and
harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We
also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories,
consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting
notices here, including our EEO policy,
recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify