We’re looking for engineers to join Pilot’s growth engineering team, which
builds experiences that help us acquire more users and increase our users’
satisfaction with our products. As a senior engineer on this team, you’ll work
across the stack and across all of Pilot’s product surfaces to ship data-
informed experiments and features, partner with different parts of the
organization to identify and solve major business problems, and build software
that has a direct impact on our bottom line.
- Leading technical projects from problem definition all the way through rollout. You’ll work with product managers, designers, data analysts, other engineers, and your customers (for this role it’s our business teams) to form and test hypotheses about ways to grow our user base and make Pilot’s software more valuable for our existing users.
- Participating in product and design reviews to provide your technical perspective on the features we want to build.
- Creating and/or contributing to technical specs and testing & rollout plans.
- Working with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure we’re solving the right problems. In this role, you’ll be working closely with our business teams — Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success, among others.
- Mentoring and sponsoring your teammates to help them grow.
- Working across teams to shape the future of engineering at Pilot.
- You are comfortable contributing across our stack, even if you gravitate more toward frontend or more toward backend. We use fully typed Python 3.8 and Postgres on the backend, and TypeScript and Vue.js on the frontend. We’ll happily accept experience with a similar set of technologies.
- You’re familiar with split testing methodologies and tooling. If you’ve built out experimentation tooling, even better.
- You’ve led multiple technical projects.
- You have experience mentoring, sponsoring, and upleveling engineers you’ve worked with on previous teams.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot
provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires
as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their
business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and
payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software
and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and
financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to
focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing
from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our
investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including
Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent
funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and
harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We
also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories,
consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting
notices here, including our EEO policy,
recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify