**# Who are we **
UnitedMasters is building a marketplace that connects artists, brands and fans
- empowering artists to earn and grow. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step
of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first -
disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists
distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while
maintaining ownership of their master recording rights and up to 100% of
royalties. Through the combination of UnitedMasters’ music distribution
platform and its deep ties to brands, UnitedMasters enables independent
artists and changemakers to grow and earn unlike any other platform.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers, and
storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook,
Uber, Dropbox, Complex, VICE, and more. We work hand in hand with the award-
winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation
(our in-house creative advertising agency).
# What's the role
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
who helps deliver the quality and performance of large-scale, big data, multi-
platform software products that include; web, API, and mobile application
interfaces. You are an experienced, hands-on, and self-motivated engineer who
can work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment.
What you'll do:
- Design and deliver automation framework for products with a quality mindset
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Participates in API and GraphQL design practices, identifying gaps in standards adherence, service lifecycle management, and contributing to actual ESB governance.
- Conduct manual testing when necessary
- Continuously maintains existing regression test suite/framework which addresses functional and non-functional requirements set against a large web service catalog of web services architecture.
- Create end-to-end, integration automation (API and UI) with complex orgs
- Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Works closely with senior developers, PM, and UI/UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
**# Requirements **
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or equivalent related professional experience
- 2+ years of professional test automation experience working on a variety of solutions for cross-platform development including web and mobile
- Highly proficient in Python
- Hands-on Object-Oriented Programming experience
- Knowledge of SQL and basic scripting
- Familiar with industry quality & usability practices
- Proficient in writing functional automation (UI/API)
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner and ability to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven, and Eclipse IDE
- Experience with Atlassian suite: Jira & Confluence or similar tools.
Nice to have
- A minimum of 4 years of software engineering, quality assurance/engineering, usability, or business analysis experience
- Experience with cloud platforms/technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Experience building API documentation portals and using API specification standards such as OpenAPI / Swagger.
- Experience using API Integration test suites such as SoapUI/ReadyAPI and Postman.
- Strong database knowledge. Knows SQL and NoSQL as well as when to use each.
- Good knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Can take ambiguous requirements in complex domains and distill them down into actionable tasks.
UnitedMasters empowers brands and artists to forge authentic connections with
audiences at scale by bringing together culture, technology and storytelling.
UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service
that, radically, puts artists first - disrupting the legacy music business by
letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through
streaming services while maintaining ownership of their Masters and up to 100%
of royalties. UnitedMasters has over 1.3 million artists on its platform and
is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters
to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In
the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised
to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz,
Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others.