About Fission Consulting:
Fission Consulting provides IT advisory, project management, automated data
migration, and IT separation solutions to clients in support of mergers,
acquisitions, and divestitures. Led by a team of experienced advisors, we help
clients mitigate investment risk and make more informed IT decisions.
We currently support our projects by utilizing a combination of in-house
software tools and third-party technical partners. New hires will have an
opportunity to make an immediate impact on our internal culture, product
portfolio, and growth trajectory.
Fission Consulting currently has offices in Chicago, Illinois and Durham,
North Carolina. This position is remote, but can be hybrid if desired with
proximity to one of our locations in Durham, NC (preferred), or Chicago, IL.
About the Role:
Fission Consulting is currently in search of an SAP Data Extraction Engineer
to join our growing technology organization. In this role, the SAP Data
Extraction Engineer will develop SAP ECC data extraction queries, reports, and
programs to contribute to client-facing projects and internal software
- Participate in data extraction design sessions to capture key project requirements and develop strategy.
- Analyze client documentation and data in support of solution design.
- Develop SAP ECC data extraction workflows to support project requirements utilizing SAP-native and third-party extraction tools.
- Assist with the setup of data extraction tools on client systems.
- Execute scheduled SAP ECC data extraction according to a defined project plan.
- Revise extraction queries and programs as required during the issue resolution process.
- Communicate work responsibilities to client resources and third-party contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to one of the following programs preferred: Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Mathematics.
- Knowledge of SAP ECC database tables, functionality, and relationships.
- Experience developing custom ABAP programs and queries to extract master and transactional data from SAP ECC.
- Strong understanding of the object-oriented ABAP programming model.
- Experience building and interfacing with RFCs (Remote Function Calls).
- Proficient in relational database architecture and design.
- Experience developing data extraction workflows as part of larger ETL, implementation, or data archiving projects.
- Ability to quickly learn data structures of ERP systems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously if required.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- (Preferred) Experience working with SAP data load tools (e.g., LSMW, LTMC, LTMOM).