Fission Consulting is expanding its geographic footprint to Durham, North
Carolina to build out its technology organization.
About Fission Consulting: _ _
Fission Consulting provides IT advisory, project management, automated data
migration, and IT separation solutions to clients in support of mergers,
acquisitions, and divestitures. Led by a team of experienced advisors, we help
our clients mitigate investment risk and make more informed IT decisions.
Fission is headquartered in Chicago but is looking for candidates to help
build out its Triangle office located in Durham, North Carolina.
The Triangle office will house Fission Consulting's software development and
technical delivery team. We currently support our projects by utilizing a
combination of in-house software tools and third-party technical partners. New
hires will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact on our internal
culture, product portfolio, and growth trajectory.
About the Role:
Data Transformation Consultant
Fission Consulting is in search of a consultant for our growing technology
organization in Durham, North Carolina. In this role, the consultant will work
alongside others within the Fission team to contribute to the delivery of
impactful data transformation projects for clients.
Our consultants work on a variety of engagements. Projects can range from
12-week, fast-paced, IT carve-out projects to one-year, large,
transformational programs. This style of work provides different environments
for our consultants to learn and enhance their skillsets, while also gaining
valuable, client-facing experience. New hires will help shape company culture
and can quickly accelerate their career path within the Fission organization
as the company continues to grow.
The Data Transformation Consultant role will be responsible for delivery of
client-facing projects as part of a broader team and supporting the
development of internal Fission capabilities.
**Product Development: **
- Support the enhancement and development of Fission data transformation methodologies, tools, templates, workflows, and processes.
- Capture requirements to incorporate into Fission software products and communicate functional needs to the Fission technical development team.
**Business Development: **
- Support the Fission sales team by assisting with proposals, content development, work plans, and pricing estimates.
- Help establish Fission's professional network in the local community.
- Participate in marketing activities such as blogs, white papers, and other related efforts.
- Prepare for client engagements by reviewing documentation and conducting research on client processes and technology.
- Participate in design sessions to capture key project requirements and develop strategy.
- Perform data analysis, extraction, transformation, load, validation, and revision activities utilizing Fission software and third-party tools in support of project activities.
- Translate project requirements into technical development requirements as needed.
- Manage and communicate work responsibilities to client resources and third-party contractors.
- Develop client-specific deliverables including requirements documents, project plans, solution design, status trackers, and reports for the project management team.
- Assist data workstream lead or project manager with tasks as directed.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to one of the following programs: Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Python or SQL (or willingness to learn).
- Knowledge of software development tools and technologies (e.g., GitHub).
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills (e.g., task tracking, email communication, participation in internal and client-facing virtual meetings, etc.).
- Interests in consulting, product development, data science, and delivering large-scale technology transformation projects.
- Desire to enhance technical, business, and consulting skills.
- Experience working with large datasets (preferred).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously if required.
- Excellent leadership capabilities, soft skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to solve complex problems and troubleshoot issues, by working with team members and using internet-based resources, while remaining composed.
- Willing to travel if needed. Projects will primarily be delivered remotely, but certain engagements may require travel (~10%).
- Ability to relocate to the Raleigh-Durham area in North Carolina.