Customers don’t experience data, they experience content. Movable Ink
activates any data into personalized content in any customer engagement. The
world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to accelerate their
marketing performance. Headquartered in New York City, Movable Ink and its
more than 500 employees serve its global client base from operations
throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
Our company's machine-learning solution empowers retailers with the relevant
themes and categories they should feature in today’s campaigns while
continuously learning to inform the campaigns of tomorrow. By creating an
optimized email diet that caters to each customer's evolving tastes and moods,
Coherent Path’s software helps retailers quickly engage with and cross-sell to
customers and promote strategic product categories while reducing email
fatigue. Coherent Path has offices in Boston and Toronto.
We are looking for a talented Software Developer, Integrations to be a part of
our development team that will work on building and maintaining integrations
between our systems and outside vendors. We are looking for someone to support
the vision for our backend services that will help us scale and meet future
demand. There’s lots to do and lots to learn, so we hope you are also a fast
learner who can grow with Coherent Path as we build the future of email
- Work as part of a Scrum team to design and implement secure, scalable, highly available services using our core web technologies – Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Celery, and GraphQL.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to implement complex projects that require comprehensive and in-depth analysis and understanding of the client’s requirements.
- Measure and monitor service performance and reliability, participating in the on-call rotation.
- Improve our existing services and troubleshoot customer issues when they come in.
- Build innovative new features to support our growing enterprise customer base, with a strong empathy for the end-user experience.
- Write clean, efficient code to the latest industry standards.
- Take ownership of the web application backend and be responsible for the technical mentorship of other developers.
- Participate in code reviews both as contributor and reviewer - We all review each other’s work here!
- Write, modify, review, optimize and debug computer code
- Contribute to the development and improvement of application methods and procedures
- Ensure that code and architecture comply with the company's development standards and industry best practices
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Python3, Django, PostgreSQL, Celery, and GraphQL.
- Strong ORM data modeling skills (Django preferred).
- Experience with APIs: JSON, SOAP, GraphQL
- Experience with Postman, Swagger
- Experience with Python packaging/building SDKs
- Experience testing with Python mocks
- Experience with modern cloud technologies (we use Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform)
- Follow security best practices (proficiency with OWASP top 10, OAuth/Auth0, and Django roles and groups)
- Professional experience with Git
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to learn, problem solve and know when to ask questions
- A sense of ownership over what you build, thinking through all the edge cases and angles. You’re not just looking for a fully fleshed-out spec thrown over the wall for you to code; you’re able to empathize with the end-user to produce the best solution for them.
- Able to empathize with the end-user to produce the best solution for them.
- Communication skills for discussions with our product, design and development teams.
- A strong desire to learn new tools, practices and technologies
Nice to Have
- Experience working with ESPs/Integration with ESPs (Email Service Providers)
- Experience with Git Workflows, Github Actions
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically
underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet
every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and
inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the
role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you
to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that
makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or
expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political
affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.