Employment Type: Full Time
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their artwork, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs. The community of designers and shoppers who make up Spoonflower is central to what we do. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern and personalization. At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody -- like our customers -- a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members competitive benefits, support of continuing education, the chance to learn new skills and to move within the company, and a dynamic and flexible company culture.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Team Manager in our Berlin office.
**Key responsibilities: **
- Attends and runs monthly team meetings.
- Interacts cross-departmentally and cross-engineering to represent their direct reports.
- Works with CTO to understand global engineering organizations goals and direction.
- Mentors team members and developers on business needs, coding standards and technologies and is a good example of productivity and efficiency to others on the team.
- Meets regularly with team 1:1 to understand pain points, needs, work happiness, to give encouragement and praise, etc.
- Conducts summer and winter reviews to set goals and give more in-depth feedback.
- Attends management meetings with other Team Leads to make decisions regarding the businesses future plans.
- Troubleshoots and finds creative solutions to unexpected problems, and properly reports issues.
- Responds and assists with employee issues.
- May lead, attend, and participate in meetings.
- Takes an active role in projects that will improve and benefit the work environment and team output.
- Reports to and takes direction from the CTO.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent education.
- Experience leading engineering teams within an international & agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills in English, German a plus.
- Experience working in a global team.
- Displaying intercultural competencies.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Willing to continuously develop yourself, eager for knowledge sharing.
Spoonflower is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, diasbility, marital status, etc.
Please apply with a cover letter and your CV, as well as your expected annual gross salary.