Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for
homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For
most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a
qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations
(or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for
everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to
financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K
service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they
live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking
on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing
place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
Angi is seeking an experienced, results-driven Technical SEO Strategist who
will be responsible for developing and implementing projects that increase the
SEO performance of Angi.com and HomeAdvisor.com. This role will have a high
degree of ownership over the technical SEO roadmap including prioritizing
projects and the detailing needs for implementation. Responsibilities will
include conducting assessments to identify opportunities, quantifying their
merits, and working with product and engineering teams to implement them
successfully. This role will work closely with Product, Engineering, IT, and
Design to evaluate the technical SEO impacts of proposed initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Conduct deep and regular dives into indexation, crawling and rendering to identify actionable improvements
- Analyze log files, crawl records and web analytics data to identify opportunities
- Provide engineering ready requirements for page speed / site performance, mobile first indexing, single page application rendering, and more
- Undertake detailed assessments of competitors to identify specific optimizations that can give Angi a competitive advantage
- Review emerging web technologies for SEO opportunities, quantify their potential impact, and spearhead their adoption
- Translate algorithmic changes and emerging search trends into optimization strategies
- Design and propose SEO experiments to test new techniques and strategies for growth
- Package technical workflows into processes for SEO colleagues and train them accordingly
- Assess IT, engineering, and product initiatives for SEO ramifications and provide actionable feedback
Who you are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferred in quantitative field such as computer science/engineering, mathematics, economics, or statistics)
- Demonstrated track record of success driving results & business growth via technical SEO
- 5+ years of SEO experience with enterprise-level websites (i.e. hundreds of thousands or millions of URLs)
- Understanding of front-end subjects such as HTML/CSS/JS, Schema, DOM, page speed / critical rendering path, and SSL.
- Ability to leverage advanced workflows for identifying opportunities at scale (such as APIs, SQL, Python, and advanced Excel functions)
- Comfortable with large and complex data sets (examples include log files, crawl data, and database records)
- Experience leveraging enterprise class SEO tools such as onCrawl, Deep Crawl, STAT, Botify and others
- Familiarity with page speed and site performance optimization initiatives while leveraging platforms such as New Relic, Speed curve, Lighthouse, CrUX, etc.
- Experience with Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst or Google Analytics 360 strongly desired
- Passionate & curious problem solver: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, extremely knowledgeable about SEO best practices and trends, and relishes in the analytical and technical depths of the industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented: but can also see the forest from the trees, balancing the intricacies of SEO with the larger company objectives.
- Quantitative and pragmatic: you have a data-driven approach to making decisions.
- Analytical, tactical & strategic: experience building a strategic and tactical plan based on analyzing lots of data.
- High ownership: autonomous and takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate and evangelize SEO across all levels, particularly through data.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel the business.
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view
uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who
bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $80,000-$125,000, commensurate with experience and performance.
- Full medical, dental, vision package and a retirement plan to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world