Location: Remote / Denver
Employment Type: Full time
Team: Success Management
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud
Matillion helps teams get data business-ready, faster — accelerating time-to-
value and increasing the impact data can have.
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and
TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their
data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to
data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission
to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re
honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by
multiple industry research firms.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an
expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity
individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking for a Senior Technical Success Manager to join #TeamGreen
in the US. The role can be based from our Denver-HQ, or remotely across the
Matillion Technical Success Managers are trusted partners to our customers,
responsible for driving adoption and optimizing use of the Matillion platform
in service of customer outcomes. TSMs act as the technical subject matter
expert and counterpoint between Matillion and the customer’s data engineers
and leaders throughout the customer’s lifecycle. TSMs are responsible for
rapidly understanding customer needs from a product SME, business, and
technical requirements perspective to drive adoption and ultimately contribute
to maximizing customer net dollar retention.
What you'll be doing;
Nailing the Landing:
- Establishing strong account alignment with sales as customers come onboard to ensure a smooth transition from pre to post sales
- Quickly building a joint success plan with named customers to accelerate consumption and drive achievement of business outcomes
- Understand and advise on complex data, cloud architectures to drive optimal results for Matillion customers
- Managing to key implementation milestones to ensure customers achieve rapid time to first value and become sticky, engaged customers for life
Driving Retention and Expansion:
- Managing a variety of customers, driving account health, renewal, and revenue growth
- Driving feature adoption and usage expansion of Matillion products across named customer organizations
- Evangelizing new product features & providing customer feedback to Matillion’s Product team
- Adapting quickly to product changes and limitations, helping customers find solutions and adaptations that work for them
Building Long Term Relationships:
- Building trusted relationships with customers, helping them recognize the value of their investment and ensuring their objectives are met
- Through proactive customer engagement, uncovering customer needs and new stakeholders, anticipating risks, identifying opportunities, and collaborating with Sales, Solutions, Product or other departments to protect and grow your accounts
Cross Functional Collaboration:
- Contributing to Customer Success playbooks and resources, in order to ensure we are engaging the right customers at the right time in the right way
- Acting as a Matillion liaison for customer questions, issues and escalations, working with Matillion Support, Product Management, Engineering and other teams as needed to ensure customer success
- 5+ years of ETL or Data Integration experience involving SQL
- 7+ years of experience in success management or a related function, with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales functions (success management, technical support, professional services)
- Knowledge of one or more of the cloud computing platforms: AWS, GCP or Azure (Certification is a plus)
- Knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, Fargate)
- Hands-on experience delivering solutions using one of the MPP databases: Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Teradata, Netezza or Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Self starter with an independent personality. Must be comfortable with a vague work environment
- Strong mentor and collaborator for thought leadership on technical Cloud Data Warehousing topics
- Experience driving successful onboarding projects
- Experience driving successful partnerships with sales teams on renewal and expansion strategies
- Master at managing a backlog of customer CTAs, balancing a complex set of needs across ever evolving book of business
- Python or Java knowledge
- Network/Cloud security fundamentals
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, under different project management styles
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT projects, processes, protocols
- Current knowledge, and passion for the data and application integration markets, current market trends and industry players
Personal Capabilities Required:
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Strong Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- An intersection of technical skill and first class customer communication
- A self-confessed technology geek, with the ability to talk for hours about all things “data”
- Ability to draw out and understand a customer’s unique technical requirements and business goals
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with
market standards. Our estimated compensation range for this position is
$112,000 - $154,000, but the final salary will be based on your relevant
skills, experience and qualifications demonstrated in the hiring process.
Find out more about Matillion and our
core company values.
** Our Benefits**
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days PTO
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member
of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable
role, please email email@example.com
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team.
Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national
origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.