Hotel Engine is a Denver-based travel tech company on a mission to radically
simplify trip management for businesses. We’re not a cumbersome travel
management company, nor an online price aggregator. We’re a powerful network
that brings hotels and businesses together. Our members save time, money and
effort in managing their lodging programs, and our partners get access to
loyal, high-value business travelers. It’s a true win-win. Following a 2021
series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable
growth in 2022. We expect 2023 to be our best year yet.
Across our organization, we’re powered by exceptional talent. From our large
Engineering and Product teams to Sales, Supplier Relations, Member Support,
Data, Marketing and Operations, our team is forward-thinking, data-driven and
customer-obsessed. We’re also a lot of fun — one of the many reasons we were
named a Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado for the past four consecutive
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive.
Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! Complacency doesn’t live
here. We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our
culture and bring diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock
our full potential. Click here to view our
DNA, and if you like what you see, please
What we are looking for:
Hotel Engine is seeking a detailed, organized, and high-energy Sales
Operations Analyst, Commissions as we seek to build a world-class team. The
successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strategic mindset, able to
manage time and balance responsibilities in a dynamic, rapidly evolving
environment. Sales and Revenue Operations enables our go-to-market teams to
scale and grow top-line revenue efficiently. As part of this mission, we help
team members optimize processes, technology, and data that drive the entire
customer journey optimization.
The main focus areas of this role will be to manage the commissions process
including: setup, processing, and analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy
of commissions payments and to assist with process documentation, monitoring,
and enforcement related to rules of engagement (ROE) and exception management.
This role will report to the Director of Sales Operations as the team builds
its reputation for innovation and world-class customer service.
Here's what you will do in this role:
- Calculate commissions for multiple teams across our go-to-market function according to compensation plans and internal policies, ensuring commission and bonus calculations are done accurately and on time
- Maintain and verify the accuracy of payments and statements by working cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, and Client Ops team members
- Communicate with Sales Executives about their pending commissions, route approvals to managers as needed and answer questions related to accounts or commissions calculations
- Work closely with the Finance organization on commissions payroll activities and Sales/Customer Success organizations on inquiries, schedules, and exceptions.
- Perform general administrative tasks related to maintaining accurate documentation and creating or updating internal knowledge bases and FAQs about Variable Compensation plans within the Revenue organization
- Investigate data discrepancies and act as arbiter in Rules of Engagement disputes
- Use independent judgment to manage sales team requests, adhering to current rules and processes
- Maintain documentation of common problems and solutions to enable quick ticket resolution
- Ownership of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for new plans, plan changes and plan enhancements
- Compile monthly/quarterly commission reporting for leadership review & plan effectiveness assessment
- Partner closely with Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to drive initiatives from inception to completion.
Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of Sales / Revenue Operations or related experience
- 3+ years of equivalent relevant work experience with sales commissions processing and calculations
- 3+ years of SFDC experience
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match, vlookup, table formulas)
- Experience with commissions software is a plus
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of sales representatives and sales management
- Ability to create presentations, process documentation training materials, policies, and procedures in Google / Microsoft Office Suite
- Track record of business process innovation and improvements
- Ability to drive multiple initiatives at one time, adapt to evolving priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills. You have a track record of effectively working with a variety of key players across the organization, such as product, engineering, sales, marketing, analytics, and finance
- Comfortable in creating and delivering training to end users and groups of users in various methods, from face-to-face, online, or digital training creation
Cash compensation :
- The base salary range for this role is $60,000 - $80,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work within the U.S.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to
work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on
Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for
our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community,
and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility
community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a
collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.