Working as a member of the newly launched Sponsor Solutions team, focused on
direct private equity seeding and stakes transactions, the Analyst will be
involved in supporting all aspects of investments, including sourcing, due
diligence, transaction execution and investment monitoring. Open to Chicago
The individual will be involved in the following critical responsibilities:
- Evaluate and execute a broad range of investment opportunities across all sectors of middle market private equity, with a focus on industrials, manufacturing, services and consumer sectors
- Actively participate in all aspects of financial analysis, valuation, term sheet negotiation, due diligence, and drafting of investment committee memoranda.
- Build and continue to “own” complex fund- and single asset-level financial models for investment evaluation, arranging debt financing and negotiating commercial and legal contracts for potential investments.
- Develop specific knowledge within North American middle market private equity seeding/stakes markets and be aware of market trends and business opportunities.
- Prepare investment memoranda and present recommendations along with due diligence findings to internal committees and clients.
- Participate in transaction execution, including managing closing and funding logistics.
- Maintain involvement with investment portfolio companies, including regular internal valuations, assisting in the execution of financing transactions, and monitoring investment performance.
- Prepare monthly portfolio performance and pipeline updates for anchor investors
- Assist with the tracking and prioritization of investment opportunities, including maintaining the transaction pipeline.
- Support client relationship and fundraising efforts for the GP Solutions team and manage investor/prospect information requests.
- Assist with special projects (business development, investor relations, etc.) on an as-needed basis
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics with outstanding academic credentials
- 1 - 2 years of professional experience in private equity or investment banking
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Strong financial modeling skills with knowledge of leveraged buyouts and private equity transactions
- Exceptional critical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills
- Superior organization, decision making and problem solving skills
- Outstanding project management skills and the ability to work effectively in a deal teams, often on several transactions or potential opportunities simultaneously, under tight deadlines
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects and work both independently and as a productive member of project teams
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization
- High degree of integrity
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to team and a goal-oriented environment
It is expected that the annual base salary range for this New York City-based
position will be $100,000- $110,000. Actual base salary may vary based on
factors such as individual's experience, skills, and qualifications for the
role. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on factors
such as individual, team, and company performance as well as a comprehensive
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a leading global alternative asset management
solutions provider for more than 50 years. We have $73 billion in assets under
management that we invest across investment verticals including private
equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, ESG & Impact, and absolute return
Our team of over 530 professionals is dedicated to delivering an exceptional
value proposition for our global clients. The diversity of our employees is a
driving factor of success, and is critical to our ability to create and
deliver value to our clients. GCM has been committed to the advancement of
small, emerging, and diverse managers for 20+ years. We are proud to offer our
employees a comprehensive benefits package focused on health and wellness,
continuing education, and work-life balance.
The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto,
London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul. Learn more at
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V