GCM Grosvenor is seeking an additional member of its Private Equity
Investments team, focusing on the Primaries vertical. The Associate will be
involved in all aspects of private equity fund investments, including due
diligence, transaction execution and investment monitoring.
The individual will participate in the following activities:
- Analyze and conduct due diligence on private equity fund opportunities.
- Assist with preparation and presentation of investment recommendations and due diligence findings to internal committees.
- Conduct industry research to support investment evaluation process.
- Support client relationship management efforts, including ongoing portfolio management and reporting.
- Support fundraising efforts for private equity separate account mandates and commingled funds.
- Use Capital IQ, Preqin, Burgiss, DealCloud and other financial research materials/databases as part of due diligence, research, and transaction advisory process.
- Support business intelligence projects, as necessary.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related degree with superior academic performance.
- 2-5 years of professional experience in private equity, asset management, investment banking or investment related role.
- Experience with spreadsheets and financial databases (Capital IQ, Preqin, Burgiss, DealCloud) helpful, but not required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; Outlook; Power Point).
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the investment industry, particularly the alternative investment industry.
- Excellent work ethic and high degree of professionalism and commitment to team and a goal-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to articulate your thoughts in a clear and concise manner to both clients and staff through written correspondence, presentations and/or meetings.
- Superior organization, decision making and problem solving skills with the demonstrated initiative and ability to manage tasks and projects independently from start to finish.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities pertaining to work flow.
- Strong attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with other departments.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
It is expected that the annual base salary range for this New York City-based
position will be $110,000- $150,000. Actual base salary may vary based on
factors such as individual's experience, skills, and qualifications for the
role. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on factors
such as individual, team, and company performance as well as a comprehensive
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a leading global alternative asset management
solutions provider for more than 50 years. We have $73 billion in assets under
management that we invest across investment verticals including private
equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, ESG & Impact, and absolute return
Our team of over 530 professionals is dedicated to delivering an exceptional
value proposition for our global clients. The diversity of our employees is a
driving factor of success, and is critical to our ability to create and
deliver value to our clients. GCM has been committed to the advancement of
small, emerging, and diverse managers for 20+ years. We are proud to offer our
employees a comprehensive benefits package focused on health and wellness,
continuing education, and work-life balance.
The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto,
London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul. Learn more at
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V