Employment Type: Full time
Team: People Ops
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud
Matillion helps teams get data business-ready, faster — accelerating time-to-
value and increasing the impact data can have.
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and
TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their
data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to
data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission
to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re
honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by
multiple industry research firms.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an
expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity
individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
As Matillion continues to mature and scale, we need to evolve our global
Compensation & Benefits strategy and approach. The Senior Manager,
Compensation & Benefits is a new role that will work across our global
business in order to do this. This role is an excellent opportunity for an
ambitious, experienced Compensation & Benefits professional to continue to
develop their knowledge and expertise in a rapidly scaling business, working
with senior leaders in a highly visible and varied role. You’ll own and
develop Matillion’s Compensation & Benefits strategy, ensuring we can continue
to attract and retain the best talent. As a result, your work will have a
significant impact on the continued success of the business.
What You Will Be Doing?
- In collaboration with leadership and Finance, oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of compensation and benefits plans for all levels in all territories. The majority of our employees are based in the UK and US
- Design compensation plans and incentive programmes that support the strategies and needs of the business, including for new geographies and entities
- Provide data analysis and reporting to measure the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits plans. Make recommendations for any required changes based on analysis
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommend changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives
- Provide advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations
- Collaborate with Finance to model and agree changes to existing or new plans, including regarding equity
- Support and manage any incentive contests including reporting, tracking, reconciliation, and bonus calculations
- Lead on communication of compensation and benefits plans and partner effectively with relevant stakeholders, including functional leaders and People Partners
- Lead on rolling out new or changing compensation and benefits plans
- Benchmark incentive plan designs to ensure local market competitiveness
- Stay abreast of markets and competitor compensation strategies to proactively understand where changes may be needed
- Serve as the subject matter expert for compensation and benefits issues
- Oversee participation in salary surveys and monitor salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations
What We Are Looking For
- Significant compensation and benefits experience of maintaining existing plans and designing and rolling out new ones, with experience of doing so for UK and US employees
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of various types of compensation and benefits plans, including those with bonus and an equity component
- Experience of building and evolving compensation and benefits plans in a rapidly scaling environment, ideally with experience of doing so in a SAAS technology company
- Strong numerical skills with the ability to manage and interpret complex data, drawing out key issues and themes and producing high quality, accurate management information
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills and proficiency in developing detailed analyses, models, plan calculations, and tools
- Strong project management and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and deliver to deadlines
- Experience using compensation platforms at a system admin level, with technical knowledge preferred
- Passion for technology and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and relationship management skills
- Ability to work across various cultures and to connect quickly and credibly
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
- Highly organised with multi-tasking skills; able to change direction quickly and lead through ambiguity and change
- Strong prioritisation skills, ability to drive multiple initiatives at the same time
- Bias for action, ability to independently deliver results whilst working remotely with limited direction
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills at all levels, including to executive level
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with
market standards. Our estimated compensation range for this position is
$150,000 - $180,000, but the final salary will be based on your relevant
skills, experience and qualifications demonstrated in the hiring process.
**Find out more aboutMatillion and our core
company values. **
- A truly flexible & hybrid working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days PTO
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member
of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable
role, please email email@example.com
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team.
Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national
origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.