Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for
homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For
most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a
qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations
(or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for
everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to
financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K
service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they
live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking
on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing
place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
Angi is seeking a Senior Manager of pricing and monetization to join our
central strategy team. This is a unique opportunity for a strong player who
enjoys solving difficult problems and wants to work on high-profile strategic
initiatives. You will help optimize value for our service providers and profit
within our leads marketplace. As an individual contributor working across
departments, you will enrich our understanding of key marketplace factors
(such as customer elasticities and segmentations) and work to uncover
opportunities in pricing, packaging, differentiation, and discounting. You
will also contribute to price testing and the design of new monetization
This role reports to the VP, Pricing & Monetization.
What you’ll do
- Price Setting: Fuse value-based, cost-plus, competitive, and marketplace pricing principles and techniques into balanced models and recommendations for managing prices.
- Knowing Our Customers: Develop qualitative and quantitative research in partnership with the research team to refine our understanding of market segmentation options, customer needs, and willingness to pay.
- Analytics: Support business cases to align senior leadership on key monetization decisions. Provide fact-based analyses and recommendations that result in increased sales, profits, and/or customer lifetime value. Collaborate with data science to uncover opportunities in pricing, discounts, and packaging.
- Testing: Contribute to **** a hypothesis driven test program that delivers key learnings, improves long-term profitability, and maximizes customer utility.
- Monetization Governance: ** ** Assist in the improvement of process and reporting constructs used to manage pricing and monetization.
- New Monetization Methods : Collaborate with product managers on new monetization opportunities (leverage understanding of differentiation, intelligent segmentation, and behavioral modeling for pricing and packaging development).
Who you are
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a technical field such as Economics or Business Analytics, etc.
- 5+ years of professional experience including experience in pricing research, analysis or related consulting
- Familiarity with practical application of elasticity estimation, price-response functions, monetization models, and related research methods (Conjoint, Van Westendorp, etc.)
- Familiarity with behavioral economics
- SQL experience and knowledge of relational databases, Tableau, Looker, or Adobe Analytics experience a plus.
- Superior problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to work on hairy problems across teams
- Prior, small company or start-up experience a plus
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude
- Humble and effective cross-functional team player
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Attention to detail, persistence, and follow-through
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view
uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who
bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $130,000-$160,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world