Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for
homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For
most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a
qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations
(or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for
everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to
financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K
service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they
live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking
on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing
place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
The Security Officer is an integral position on Angi’s Security, Real Estate &
Facilities team. This is front desk-based role that serves as ‘the face of the
company’, providing a polite, professional, and reassuring physical security
presence and welcoming demeanor for employees and visitors alike. The team is
a dynamic, close-knit group, and we work hard, together , to accomplish our
tasks and goals. The ideal candidate will be proactive, motivated, and eager
to roll up their sleeves to help the team.
What you’ll do
- Enforce security protocols and procedures in accordance with Angi corporate security policies
- Utilize access control and video surveillance systems to review and respond to intrusion alarms, identify unauthorized or suspicious activity, and issue security badges to employees and visitors
- Greet employees and visitors in an exceptionally polite and professional manner; assist visitors with signing into the visitor management system
- Ensure that suspicious or potentially harmful persons or objects do not enter the premises; ensure that company resources are not unlawfully removed
- Assist in protection of company infrastructure and assets
- Perform functions checks on access control hardware and life safety equipment
- Lead in emergency situations (e.g. fires, workplace injuries, etc.)
- Document and communicate any threats made against the company and/or employees
- Assist HR and management during adverse employee terminations
- Monitor front door activity at the reception desk, greeting employees, vendors, and guests
- Instruct non-employees to register on Envoy system at front desk
- Package and Mail Receipt – sorting and scanning mail, signing for packages, etc.
- Assist Culture & Engagement team with execution of Together Tuesdays, and daily COVID testing requirements
- Keep all kitchens, coffee bars, print/copy stations fully stocked with paper products
- Complete maintenance and cleanings as needed on coffee machines and kegerators
- Maintain inventory pars for all office and first aid supplies; ordering stock levels as necessary and keeping facilities storage rooms organized
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills labeling storage and inventory; in the event of an emergency anyone on the team should easily be able to identify inventory levels and stock kitchens, coffee bars, print/copy stations as necessary
- Track preventative maintenance due dates and tasks to minimize business interruption
- Conduct regular status checks of conference rooms, common areas to ensure cleanliness and order are maintained
- Perform maintenance-type tasks such as paint touch-ups, drywall repair, mounting a TV, etc.
Who you are
- Security experience (preferably in a corporate environment) – relevant military or law enforcement background may be considered in lieu of security experience
- Familiarity with access control and video management systems
- Polite, professional, and engaging demeanor, with strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate professionally with employees at all levels of the organization, including key leaders and executive staff. Must be able to read, understand, and clearly speak English.
- Self-motivated to help wherever needed; team mentality is a must
- Strategic problem solving; ability to operate effectively ‘inside the box’, while finding creative ways to think outside of it
- Technology-literate; comfortable and confident using computers, smart phones, and Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Shift hours are Monday to Friday, from 7am-4pm, but may require occasional flexibility based on business need; opportunities for overtime may be available
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view
uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who
bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work
Compensation & Benefits
- The hourly band for this position ranges from $20-$24 per hour, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world