We are looking for an experienced Content Manager to join our team part time.
In addition to writing, editing and proofreading content, this person will
facilitate the publishing of our content to our owned sites, as well as
national media partners and sponsors. The Content Manager will be primarily
responsible for growing and developing our existing digital presence through
blog, email and social channels.
This is a part-time role. Powderkeg is a remote team with office space
available in Indianapolis, IN.
**Qualifications and Requirements: **
- 3-5 years experience managing and writing content for a high traffic website and growing brand.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Attention to detail with good organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with social media strategy and/or execution.
- Open to experimenting with AI tools as a resource to improve and accelerate content writing and publication (i.e. ChatGPT, etc)
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with podcast strategy and execution is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, journalism or a related field is a plus
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!
- Write, proofread and edit content that is distributed through the blog, podcast, social media and email channels.
- Identify new content opportunities and ways to repurpose existing content.
- Follow editorial guidelines including basic SEO, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
- Assist with content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing plans.
- Manage an editorial calendar and content distribution plan to online channels to increase engagement and web traffic.
- Use content management systems like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Casted, and HubSpot to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and generate new ideas to draw the audience's attention.
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright, data protection, FCC)